DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST 2016 ANIMATED WRESTLING GIF THREAD

RIPPA

5 hours ago, george young said:

hDPexjE.gif

What's the story with this? The thickly muscled dude can barely run the ropes, much less take a proper bump. Then out of nowhere comes what I assume to be a Russian delivering some pretty stiff knees. Is this from Continental? Were they running a WarGames match at the time? What's with the dual rings? 

1 hour ago, A Guy Named Tracy said:

What's the story with this? The thickly muscled dude can barely run the ropes, much less take a proper bump. Then out of nowhere comes what I assume to be a Russian delivering some pretty stiff knees. Is this from Continental? Were they running a WarGames match at the time? What's with the dual rings? 

Probably a 2 ring battle royal. The muscled up guy is hilarious in the match and even the announcers call him out on how shitty he is.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pete said:

ElaborateMeanAmoeba-size_restricted.gif

:D

It worked for once, Tajiri once beat Minoru Suzuki in similar fashion, but I think that was with a power or camera cable.

26 minutes ago, Ryan said:

It worked for once, Tajiri once beat Minoru Suzuki in similar fashion, but I think that was with a power or camera cable.

I think he tied Minoru's boot laces to the guardrail and beat the COR.

7 hours ago, CreativeControl said:

Herc n Jerk should've been a lot bigger than they were thinking about it, they were a great combo. Hercules minus beard just doesn't jive with me though

The Superplex/Splash combo is still one of favorite tag team finishers ever.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Ryan said:

also I am pretty sure Danshoku Dino beat Tatsuhito Takaiwa by taping him to the emergency exit or something similar, on some total throwaway Zero One show. I'm definitely sure they did that spot, I'm just not sure if it was the finish.

56 minutes ago, Pete said:

Who's Tully working here?

El Bracero. Match is from NWA On Demand (formerly known as NWA Classics) Someone really needs to watch that match and steal his shit because it's really different and I think it'd get over big today.

The first one they made a big deal out of was Luger beating the Giant. The commentators were acting like it was the first WCW win even though WCW had beaten NWO a couple of times