DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST 2016 WRESTLING PHOTO THREAD

RIPPA

On 8/18/2016 at 7:38 PM, Zakk_Sabbath said:

It's such a typical WCW thing that the WWF partnered with AOL, and so they had to partner with CompuServe.

The best part of WWF's AOL chatroom is that Dutch Mantel would occasionally come in and just tell stories.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ace said:

The best part of WWF's AOL chatroom is that Dutch Mantel would occasionally come in and just tell stories.

Man, I wish I was around for that. That must have been the coolest. I remember one time Bill Banks was running trivia in there and I won like a t-shirt, but it was like 97 or 98 so my mom lost her mind at the suggestion that I give my real name and address to a stranger on the internet

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Ace said:

Chris Kanyon was in there pretty regularly for a while, right around the time he started doing the Mortis gimmick. He was quite friendly and gracious.

So we learn from that picture of Brock and Izzy that it's true.  There is no human alive who can put on a tight sky-blue V-neck t-shirt without transforming into a Euro-douche backpacker emerging from a hostel fumbling with his sunglasses and asking for directions to the disquoteque.

7 minutes ago, Tromatagon said:

Yeah a girl does it and it's all sunshine and buttercups 

A guy brings a "Shit in my butt Bailey" sign and they get tased

I wouldn't let that slide if I was there with my family. 

"Sir, that's inexcusable. You spelled Bayley wrong." 

• Like 8