Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION


RIPPA
 Share

Recommended Posts

Del Rio sucked in Lucha Underground sounds like sour grapes to me too. I thought he came off as a big deal the entire time he was there. Besides did we ever get any confirmation that maybe the real reason Del Rio refused to put Pentagon over is because they had already messed up by making Pentagon look like a wuss in a low-level feud against Sexy Star? If the idiots wanted somebody big time to put Pentagon over, maybe they shouldn't have cut his nuts off so early in his run. Trickle down job-a-nomics, I will refuse to job to this fuck if you make them job to someone so incredibly lame before they ever get to me.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, FluffSnackwell said:

Del Rio sucked in Lucha Underground sounds like sour grapes to me too. I thought he came off as a big deal the entire time he was there. Besides did we ever get any confirmation that maybe the real reason Del Rio refused to put Pentagon over is because they had already messed up by making Pentagon look like a wuss in a low-level feud against Sexy Star? If the idiots wanted somebody big time to put Pentagon over, maybe they shouldn't have cut his nuts off so early in his run. Trickle down job-a-nomics, I will refuse to job to this fuck if you make them job to someone so incredibly lame before they ever get to me.  

It would have been before the Sexy Star thing timeframe wise.  It was when he was getting the arm breaks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Tromatagon said:

It would have been before the Sexy Star thing timeframe wise.  It was when he was getting the arm breaks.

Ah, I did not know that. Thanks for clarifying. Was it just going to be a sneak attack and armbreak (and not an actual loss for Del Rio) to set up a match later

Spoiler

as was the case with Mil Muertes

 because if that's what he refused, then I totally get the backlash. If that was the timeline though, was Pentagon actually supposed to break Del Rio's arm the night he made his surprise debut? Because that would've been nuclear heat. Of all the things that were hyped up to be a big deal, Del Rio/Texano is one of the least enduring feuds that happened when it comes to having overarching appeal to people who don't follow AAA. It's a damn shame if we lost out on Pentagon breaking a debuting Del Rio's arm instead to yield to that very run-of-the-mill feud and grudge match.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I want them to offer Heath a 30-day contract, but he has to wear Berto's gear, come out to his entrance theme, and use his offense.  

Cutting promos would be a little dicey, but Heath's accent would be so unintelligible it couldn't be offensive. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, jstout said:

Has there been an announcement about who will be stepping into the Jobber to the Stars role on Smackdown?

Curt Hawkins

Especially based on the video they debuted during Smackdown last night

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Curt Hawkins

Especially based on the video they debuted during Smackdown last night

It was like someone (Read: Vince) just heard about Chuck Norris Facts and thought he would base a wrestler on it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, FluffSnackwell said:

Ah, I did not know that. Thanks for clarifying. Was it just going to be a sneak attack and armbreak (and not an actual loss for Del Rio) to set up a match later

  Reveal hidden contents

as was the case with Mil Muertes

 because if that's what he refused, then I totally get the backlash. If that was the timeline though, was Pentagon actually supposed to break Del Rio's arm the night he made his surprise debut? Because that would've been nuclear heat. Of all the things that were hyped up to be a big deal, Del Rio/Texano is one of the least enduring feuds that happened when it comes to having overarching appeal to people who don't follow AAA. It's a damn shame if we lost out on Pentagon breaking a debuting Del Rio's arm instead to yield to that very run-of-the-mill feud and grudge match.

My way of thinking from bits and pieces I've heard here and there (mostly a Vampiro interview where he was trying to hide who it was) was that it would have been what made him go away for a bit instead of going through the window.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I read from a really dirty dirtsheet that HHH and Del Rio have some heat. The gist of it is that HHH thinks Del Rio is a bad influence on Paige and a media liability, so a double recreational drug best would support that hypothesis. It was suggested that splitting the two up was actually HHH's idea.

Fuck it, here's the article if you like trashy clickbait gossip: http://www.givemesport.com/848972-triple-h-punishing-alberto-del-rio-by-blocking-planned-push?autoplay=on&utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Organic-Social&utm_campaign=Tribute-Pages-laika-III-1sted

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • RIPPA locked and unpinned this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...