DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

I was just watching the San Diego-Minnesota NFL preseason game and watched Melvin Gordon score a touchdown, see a group of kids wearing jerseys of the opposite team wanting to slap hands with him, he jogged toward him, reached toward them, then pulled his hand back and did the You-Can't-See-Me at them and jog away and it made me think what an insane amount of heat JohN Cena would get for doing that to a kid in Cena gear after a heel turn.

I mean, I 100% get why we won't get a Cena heel turn, but it just seems like one of those great wrestling angles we'll never get to see like a proper invasion angle, or unfrozen Nazi John Heidenreich.

• Like 4

I didn't get to throw salt, but I threw powder a couple of times, and once I yelled "FUJI!" when I did it.  Volt Vegas, the recipient, lost his shit and failed not to laugh while trying to sell being blind.  Good times. 

Fuji and Humperdink have some epic ribs to plan.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, caley said:

I mean, I 100% get why we won't get a Cena heel turn, but it just seems like one of those great wrestling angles we'll never get to see like a proper invasion angle, or unfrozen Nazi John Heidenreich.

It will never, ever happen - nor should it - but delusional-heel-who-thinks-he's-a-babyface John Cena going to hospitals and insisting on visiting sick kids who requested to meet Daniel Bryan through Make-a-Wish would be the greatest angle ever.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Infinit said:

Just read the WWE live event recap on WO.com...they haven't made the 2 touring groups brand specific yet??

I think they had advance ads out in a lot of markets, so they are trying to honor those...

1 hour ago, Infinit said:

Just read the WWE live event recap on WO.com...they haven't made the 2 touring groups brand specific yet??

Yeah - it is looking like the shows starting after the Smackdown PPV on the 11th are the ones that are going to be brand specific

Ironically - the show on the 12th (the Smackdown House Show against the live RAW) is being held on campus and I am debating going to it just for the bizarreness (despite how much I really don't like Smackdown roster at the moment)

15 minutes ago, L_W_P said:

Wow...

So who is starting the Finn Balor career retrospective thread? Or will Balor "do a Cena" and shock the world as #30 in the rumble?

Sin Cara's on Raw. He'll provide clean samples for Balor in exchange for keeping his job. 

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Yeah - it is looking like the shows starting after the Smackdown PPV on the 11th are the ones that are going to be brand specific

Ironically - the show on the 12th (the Smackdown House Show against the live RAW) is being held on campus and I am debating going to it just for the bizarreness (despite how much I really don't like Smackdown roster at the moment)

I saw that flyer when I went to Prophets of Rage, I wondered why the Smackdown roster was doing a RAW at George Mason.

The first time I saw (then) WWF wrestling on TV, it was Mr. Fuji and Tiger Chung Lee in a tag team. Fuji was definitely nearing the end of his run as an active in-ring performer  then, but I still found him to be  intimidating and slightly scary. RIP Fuji-san. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, L_W_P said:

Wow...

So who is starting the Finn Balor career retrospective thread? Or will Balor "do a Cena" and shock the world as #30 in the rumble?

If he'd been on Cena's "program" to begin with, his shoulder would have repaired itself before Seth threw him into the barricade.

2 hours ago, piranesi said:

I wonder though how many parts of how many wrestlers you could open up and have a surgeon say "whoa what the fuck is this? Did he come in here held together with Popsicle sticks and twine?"

I wonder how many wrestlers keep parts of their bodies in jars on their dressers. Why are we glossing over that?

• Like 1