DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

10 hours ago, Matt D said:

They're just trolling Bryan by making him make GM decisions that are as far from what he'd actually do as possible. He's going to resign the Godfather next.

Even if you just said this jokingly, I have a sinking feeling that there's some truth to it...

• Like 2

If Bryan can openly cheer for The Brian Kendrick to win the CWC, he can hire and cheer for the Headbangers to win the tag titles too.

And Victoria can be entered in the Women's title tourney. DB can bring in her and Stevie Richards to feud with Maryse and Miz as some "Bryan done lost his mind" storyline.

Ok ok, really it'll just be the Revival beating up the Headbangers backstage and taking their spots cuz they can.

Bring in Ahmed Johnson to be Kalisto's mouthpiece.

Kalisto: "I'm a good lucha ... Thing... but don't just take my word for it, my manager has something to say."

Ahmed: "GRABBBRGH FARRRBARRGLE FRAAH KALLISTRRMMBLEGOORG"

• Like 9

30 minutes ago, Big Fresh said:

I'm legit surprised Victoria hasn't been brought back. She's fit in well right now. Also, is Jazz still active?

The two of them and Mickie James are a team in this year's King of Trios.

I'm surprised Victoria hasn't at least been brought in as a trainer at the PC.  She's be great for that if she wasn't going to wrestle.

I'd be all in on Stevie Richards coming back.  He still works regularly and he wrestled Roddy in ROH not too long ago and looked like he'd barely aged since the late 90s.  Especially impressive considering so many of his contemporaries are really haggard or dead.

• Like 1

Came up with something WWE should've done with Randy Orton. After the beating he took from Brock he would show up on Smackdown thinking he was his dad (complete with the cast and his moves in the ring).

• Like 1

On 8/27/2016 at 6:09 AM, cwoy2j said:

Disappointed that I can't find a replica of the Western States Heritage title for sale.

It wouldn't be a replica, per se, but Dave Millican could probably make you an actual belt.  It won't be cheap (I'd say at least $1K) but you'd have it. :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sabremike said:

Came up with something WWE should've done with Randy Orton. After the beating he took from Brock he would show up on Smackdown thinking he was his dad (complete with the cast and his moves in the ring).

I would normally say I don't think WWE wants anything to do with concussion-related head injury angles, but they did just have Brock carve a new vagina into the dude's skull, so who knows now.

36 minutes ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

Well, WWE supposedly is going to go more worked 'shooty' with some angles. They're already angling to turn Rollins into the Crossfit Crippler. For entertainment purposes, just to be clear.

That's an awesome nickname. 

45 minutes ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

Well, WWE supposedly is going to go more worked 'shooty' with some angles. They're already angling to turn Rollins into the Crossfit Crippler.  For entertainment purposes, just to be clear.

Well, he's been crippling the enjoyment of viewers for some time, so....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Godfrey said:

Only in wrestling could being law enforcement in Louisiana "retirement".

From what Rodney Mack has told me ,she retired mostly cause she was having trouble getting booked. There is only a handful of women wrestlers in the deep south. Most of whom refused to face Jazz. And Jazz really didn't want to do intergender matches.Plus IIRC Jazz is in her mid 40s now.

Rodney still works fairly often.