DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

10 hours ago, caley said:

Oh please, oh please, oh please!

http://www.themovienetwork.com/article/dwayne-johnsonvin-diesel-fast-8-feud-may-have-been-faked-wrestlemania-showdown

I think a tag match would work best.  John Cena and Vin Diesel versus The Rock and The Miz.  Battle for the control of Hollywood!

Vin should bring in his fellow HUSTLEr, Naoya Ogawa.

ph-p01b.jpg

I don't know what Alvarez deal is. Sometimes I like him but other times like today where he's saying how they've basically buried Dolph again. Ugh.  Dolph is being given a lot of TV time and a lot of character development. Him losing to Dean and then AJ the two main stars of the fucking show (besides Cena) is not a burial. 

Now I know why this burial nonsense is so prevalent on message boards because people like Alvarez have no idea what a burial is.

Only just caught the news about HBK potentially coming in as a trainer for NXT. Kinda surprising move as I thought he'd settled into retirement with his hunting show and whatnot. Will he potentially be in the William Regal role do you think?

Rumor has it, he's going to be in the Terry Taylor "Finishing Class" role, as Taylor needed back surgery or something. I'm not sure how I feel about that. Taylor gave Rollins hell to try to curtain his worse instincts, apparently. Obviously, it didn't really work so well, but I imagine Michaels might have encouraged them instead.

WWE Has Not Completely Shut the Door on a Daniel Bryan Return to the Ring

The following was reported by Forbes.com and you can read the rest of the article by clicking on the link below:

According to a source with inside knowledge, WWE has not completely shut the door on a Daniel Bryan return to the ring. Keep in mind, Bryan was cleared by doctors to return to the ring, prior to his retirement announcement, but not by the WWE medical team.

As of now, WWE is planning to continue the angle of wrestlers calling out Bryan for his retirement and taunting Bryan for not being able to wrestle. WWE knows it’s a hot button topic with fans and will continue to tease a Bryan return. While, at this time, it still remains unlikely that Bryan returns to the ring in the future, WWE has “not completely shut the door on a Daniel Bryan return to the ring”.

.http://www.forbes.com/sites/anthonydimoro/2016/08/24/wwe-has-not-completely-shut-the-door-on-a-daniel-bryan-return-to-the-ring/#3dbb277a217f

47 minutes ago, cwoy2j said:

This...seems like a really bad idea.  Don't tease something unless you're going to follow through with it.

Also if his retirement is such a sore spot it can't be good to make it a constant focus and get his hopes up that it might lead to a comeback.

5 minutes ago, Matt D said:

If Seth Rollins can be Triple H's Human Avatar On Earth, then Sami Zayn can be Bryan's. He's right there. 

(Corey Graves is Punk's, which is just strange).

Corey Graves or Tommy End. Although, Punk and Graves both dress way, way, way more dapper than I would ever expect either guy to dress.

40 minutes ago, offspring515 said:

This...seems like a really bad idea.  Don't tease something unless you're going to follow through with it.

Also if his retirement is such a sore spot it can't be good to make it a constant focus and get his hopes up that it might lead to a comeback.

It's a bit gross if they don't follow through--and you can imagine a scenario where it actually does drive Bryan back to the indies, Mexico, Japan--and possibly more unseemly if they do. Though honestly, I think we can already abandon the "ifs". It's pro wrestling--everyone comes back. Once that door is cracked, it's as good as open. Fans will start to speculate about Bryan/Styles, then perhaps Bryan/Joe, Bryan/Nak, and WWE will imagine house show revenue bumps, increased network buys, etc. Many of us will feel very uncomfortable about all of this, but will watch regardless. Full disclosure: I'm one such hypocrite. 

• Like 3

I don't remember if I said it here or on Twitter, but I want Bryan to bring in Kendrick to go after Miz, complete with Bryan ringside in overly enthusiastic CWC commentator mode during the match.  A lot of people have said it should be Joe, but Kendrick vs Miz would be a far more compelling story.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, JonnyLaw said:

I don't remember if I said it here or on Twitter, but I want Bryan to bring in Kendrick to go after Miz, complete with Bryan ringside in overly enthusiastic CWC commentator mode during the match.  A lot of people have said it should be Joe, but Kendrick vs Miz would be a far more compelling story.

And let's be honest, I think we are all hoping Joe is a little higher on the card than a feud with the miz.

• Like 3

I know we were just talking about the wrestling bubble and how what should be  scandals get little mainstream press because of it. What is cracking me up is Vince/Linda were the largest contributors to Trumps charity between 2009-2014, giving over $5 million dollars. It does not appear that Trump contributed any of his personal money to the charity. Trump would then use these funds for various causes he was interested in and give the appearance that he was the one donating the money.

The current minor scandal involving a $100k donation from Trump to the Clinton Foundation. That was the charities money, not Trumps personal money.  Chances are this was actually Vince's money.

Political leanings aside, the whole thing strikes me as pretty weird and sensational enough that the tabloid press would be all over it. 

• Like 1

30 writers and their brilliant plan is an angle with only a slim possibility off a pay off involving the Miz. 

Please WWE, can I get a paycheck to write something that will actually pay off! How freaking hard would it have been for an active wrestler to make the same point to then have an actual feud. Is it really that hard to figure out?