DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Not every title is defended every week. The TV title would be. That would be the distinct difference.

I wanted a trios title back when The Shield and the Wyatts were hot, but it would still be cool now. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

When the network started, i thought therr should have been a "network title", only defended on shows on the network.

Are Superstars and Main Event only on the Network or are they still on tv somewhere in the US?  I know they are still in some international markets, but some sort of TV-esque title that is only on those shows for the lower/mid card guys that only win there would be a good idea.

• Like 1

Bryan: "How dare you not turn your brain into scrambled eggs and totally ruin your body for the sake of wrestling?!" 

Miz: "I dunno, because it's fucking stupid?" 

Why I think that Miz/Bryan exchange was a lot more important than most realize and had a lot to say about the wrestling business. 

17 minutes ago, alstein said:

I'd take the Miz's life over DB's any day of the week.

Then think about Nigel McGuinness, Kurt Angle, The Undertaker and Mick Foley too. 

Hey, if some guys want to get multiple concussions and wreck themselves for the sake of "TEH BUSINESS~" that's up to them.

But to trash someone for deciding: "Well, I'm gonna do my job, but I'm not gonna do the crazy stuff and turn myself into a physical wreck" is utterly unconscionable.   

I think a lot less of Daniel for telling him that, frankly. 

It's a working shoot! It's a shooty work!! It's a workyshootingworkityshootwork...

(gets dizzy, turns, vomits gently into a wastecan)

All works can have an element of shootiness to them. Ric Flair really did think the Magnum TA and Barry Windham needed to dress better. Big Mama really did save Jimmy Valiant from existential despair. Hogan did have lust in his eyes.

nothing is true, everything is permitted,

RAF

• Like 6

So newzy people have been buzzing that something horrible is going to come to light this week that will be a "major black eye on the sport"

This should be fun.

(Remember that Cena joke that you guys gave me shit for on twitter?) 

Kidding aside, I do think that if it is something that bad it's some kind of wellness coverup shit

2 hours ago, cwoy2j said:

I'm still waiting to figure out who is behind the Nexus and just what Hade Vansen had planned for the Undertaker.

I'm assuming Vansen's master plan was to make Undertaker kill his (Vansen's) heat by forcing UT to work a 10 min squash match where UT no-sold all of Vansen's offense.

Y'kow, the same cunning plan every other up-and-coming heel the Undertaker faced apparently had during the last 7-10 years.

UT might have barely broken a sweat.

• Like 1

The Nexus mastermind was Carmen Electra, wanting vengeance for all her grand NWO schemes being vaporized once and for all when WWF bought WCW.

She was to have showed up on RAW one week after the Nexus debut, being the driver of the Hummer that brought them all into the week before, but she abruptly decided not to work for any company that would demote Daniel Bryan after telling him to go out and tie choke someone.