DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

35 minutes ago, Playa Shunna Ver 3.0 said:

Haha....i love when people call Bret Hart (one of the greatest to ever lace the boots and a guy who grew up in the business) a mark or bitter.....then he turns out to be 100% correct.  

I dont think they are mutually exclusive.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, piranesi said:

2) Hayes being a fucking idiot to make things worse

I also wouldn't be surprised if Hayes sensed that a big scene was about to take place so he purposely kept his mouth shut so he could watch the drama ensue. He seems like the type of shithead that would do that.

And if "hit him and draw blood hardway" was actually communicated by someone at any point, just fucking bring back the blade at this point and let the talent that has to be bleed be in charge of how deep their cut is instead of just saying "let him hit you for real".

• Like 1

If Hayes just stood there and said nothing to Jericho at all that would be hilarious. Like he refused to talk at all and just blankly stared at him. Or maybe Hayes snuck into a back room and had a couple drinks and didn't want to get caught by opening his mouth.

I still think they'll end up bringing up Joe or somebody to fell the Beast. It's not like fucking Orton needs the rub. 

If the planned finish was Brock legit beating the shit out of Orton they obviously can't fess up because that would look quite bad for the ongoing lawsuits. The idea they would do this boggles my mind.

So...congratulations to Seth Rollins.  You are now officially classified as s sloppy worker.  

You ended the career of Sting with a careless turnbuckle powerbomb, and now you fuck up WWE's booking thru Survivor Series with a fucked up barricade powerbomb.

Good job, Seth.

1 minute ago, Big Fresh said:

If you watched the footage where WWE is claiming he was hurt (they posted it on their Facebook), I don't know how you blame Seth for it.

Because we're assholes? But we're consistent assholes.

The better joke is that they're stripping Finn of the title for being a horrible babyface, though.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Big Fresh said:

If you watched the footage where WWE is claiming he was hurt (they posted it on their Facebook), I don't know how you blame Seth for it.

It's less about Seth for me and more that several veterans who know how to protect themselves have gotten hurt on the powerbomb now, and maybe he should just take it out of his repertoire. 

It's a stupid move for his style of wrestling, body type, and character, anyway. It's just really dissonant and not something he should be doing in the first place. Why the hell is he doing big power moves? He's a tall cross-fit-y dude. He should be wrestling like 1991 Lightning Kid on Steroids.

• Like 1

Just now, Matt D said:

It's a stupid move for his style of wrestling, body type, and character, anyway. It's just really dissonant and not something he should be doing in the first place. Why the hell is he doing big power moves? He's a tall cross-fit-y dude. He should be wrestling like 1991 Lightning Kid on Steroids.

I'm pretty sure 1991 Lightning Kid on Steroids would have done power bombs. At least in Japan.

They took away the curb stomp, which hurt absolutely nobody (I don't even think how he did it you could even hurt yourself with it if you tried). If they let him keep the non-finisher that's retired Sting and put Balor on the shelf, I will laugh and laugh.

As it is the irony of the buckle bomb, which doesn't look painful at all yet has injured two already is making me laugh

2 minutes ago, Matt D said:

Because that's boring, we'Re entertaining and need 20 minutes of Death blows every match!

1 minute ago, Curt McGirt said:

They took away the curb stomp, which hurt absolutely nobody (I don't even think how he did it you could even hurt yourself with it if you tried). If they let him keep the non-finisher that's retired Sting and put Balor on the shelf, I will laugh and laugh.

But Kids could do it at home. Cant have that.

(no one show kids how to do a 12-to6 elbow)

• Like 1