DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

30 minutes ago, offspring515 said:

Wow, someone sounds paranoid.  Maybe you need the cool, refreshing taste of a Mountain Dew Kickstarter to take the edge off.  

As for me I'm going to watch the latest episode of Holy Foley, available on demand now on the award winning WWE Network.  I can access the show using my computer, tablet, smart phone, or through a variety of streaming devices. 

Well goodbye for now fellow members of the DVDVRMB Universe.

How much is this WWE Network?

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Chaos said:

We also are super obsessed with hyperbole in today's culture. Everything has to be the "greatest" or the "worst." Things can't just be fine or what they are. It's why click-bait crap succeeds and long-form writing or articulate criticism fails in today's society. We don't want the educated, logical part of our brains to be stimulated and will always opt for something that stimulates our emotive side.

This post is the fucking worst.

• Like 4

I had to look up what a "Rousey/Tate forehead press" was, thinking it was some badass MMA takedown and was really impressed with Jericho for trying it on Lesnar.

It's not. 

But I still love

1) nosy busybody old Chris running down to the stage to get to the bottom of all this

2) Hayes being a fucking idiot to make things worse

3) HHH presumably having a chance to rip his shirt open dramatically for the boys

4) Vince being clueless as to what was happening and just yelling carny shit at everyone to calm them

Honestly, I'm not as off the Brock train as everyone else here, but I haven't loved anyone in a long time as much as I love Chris Jericho right now.  And I mean, I hated Chris Jericho, like literal weeks/months ago.

• Like 10

6 minutes ago, Playa Shunna Ver 3.0 said:

Chris Jericho just hit a new level of badass.  Motherfucker stood up to that roid monster Brock Lesnar.  Her now ranks as the #2 toughest professional wrestler to ever live.....right under Meng, and of course Harley Race.  

The best part is that he pretty much did it out of "Mom mode" where he saw one of his kids being bullied and suddenly "I don't give a FUCK whatever a Brok Lesmar or whoever is YOU GET IN THIS CAR RIGHT NOW AND LET ME TAKE CARE OF IT HEY YOU!! YEAH YOU WITH ALL THE TATTOOS COME OVER HERE!!!!"

"Mooooom, that's Brock Lesnar.  He's a real bad guy! Stop!!!!"

"I told you I don't know or care who it is.  Hey BORK WHERE DOES YOUR MOM WORK?"

• Like 12

Yeah, the infamous "front facelock" incident. Luckily for Chris it didn't get to that because we know all about Brock's ground and pound. Still -- the balls on this guy! I'm right there with a lot of us back on the Jeritrain after his tag work and interviews and now this, after the abject loathing we've had for him for ages.

22 minutes ago, Peck said:

Possible labrum tear for Finn. If surgery required, could be out 8-12 weeks.

Cue Bret rant in 3...2...

Better yet, this will lead to Meltzer again ranting that PEOPLE DON'T KNOW HOW TO LIFT PROPERLY!!!!

That's right up with the Steph sells stock as deadly drinking games Rippa and I have while reading the WON's.

Even ifthis was claculated, like Chris was thinking "How bad can that ape hurt me before someone steps in?  Hmmmm. How much will the IWC be back with me though?.... hmmmmm.  Yeah. yeeeeeAAAAAHHH!"

I'm still on board.  Because that would be some quality carny-ing.

I hope they turn this into an angle, and we get a Brock/Jericho confrontation tonight. KO comes down the ring to help Jericho, gets up on the apron, then promptly jumps down, and leaves his "friend" to get devoured by Brock. 

Jericho and KO being the velociraptors that take down the Indominous Rex would be fantastic.  But they need to find a way to do it that heels Brock pretty quickly.  Like he would have to attack some other people.  Lots of head staples.

I mean, that is, ultimately the payoff of Brock.  Having him destroy a bunch of people until the one brave underdog is able to defeat him.  That was the promise of the streak ending.  It would be so great if that was KO, even if he needed help.  But it will probably be Orton.