DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

10 hours ago, steve said:

I thought that was a pretty well-known talking point that Brock didn't increase buyrates nearly as much as expected... everybody was talking about how he wasn't worth the money.

I'm not saying everybody didn't think it was awesome when he came back.

Brock + "needle" = joke

11 hours ago, (BP) said:

The Big Guy, making towns and shooting on pies.

I know of a couple places around here I'd have him try.  I'd love to travel with him as he eats tons of food, and the conversations would be something else.

On 08/08/2016 at 4:34 PM, Raziel403 said:

Brock, Del Rio, and Nakamura.

If you're counting NXT guys then Gzim Selmani of the Authors of Pain has an MMA record of 4-2 (though he retired with a loss at Bellator 130)

http://m.sherdog.com/fighter/Gzim-Selmani-112975

Jesus Christ that dude is 22 years old.

The other AOP was a champion junior wrestler so he probably belongs on the wider list of WWE badasses but I'm not sure if only a bronze at the Junior Worlds will bump you past Sin Cara, champion of catering brawls. 

http://www.abbynews.com/sports/221215991.html?mobile=true

Huh, I looked up Hunico (just to find out the details of the catering incident) and found out that he might've been the real first Mistico down in Ciudad Juarez before CMLL copyrighted the name in 2005. He was also an accomplished state wrestling champion in high school

9 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Huh, I looked up Hunico (just to find out the details of the catering incident) and found out that he might've been the real first Mistico down in Ciudad Juarez before CMLL copyrighted the name in 2005. He was also an accomplished state wrestling champion in high school

Yeah, this was somewhat brought up in the original Sin Cara vs. Sin Cara feud when Evil Sin Cara (Hunico) did an interview and mentioned that Good Sin Cara (Mistico) once stole an identity from him, so now he is here and stealing Sin Cara's identity for revenge.

1 hour ago, Rev Ray said:

Disco Inferno has a cameo on this week's Not Safe with Nikki Glaser where he is the bouncer at the strip club in Vegas where she spends 24 hours at.

Every part of that sentence after "Disco Inferno" just got more and more depressing.

I got to thinking before - which wrestler are other wrestlers the biggest marks of? I kinda get annoyed at how much everyone seems to kiss Lesnar's ass when he routinely shows nothing (the Ambrose interview adding fuel to the fire) and is blatantly just there for the pay cheque but has legit credentials so gets a pass off everyone