DVDVR Message Board

Fantasy Football Time!

Kevin Wilson

For starters, that wasn't a serious suggestion...

Secondly, I think I know how my league functions better than you do. No one trades. That's a problem in a lot of leagues. I offered both Mathews and Allen Robinson, as well as Gio and AJ Green for CJ Anderson. Both trades were turned down. The other's WR are Sterling Shepard, Dez, Garcon, and Crabtree. Everyone's shit is sacred though, and so every season turns into Fantasy Football Hoarders. 

In this case, he's in a different division and I won't be playing him again. He and I both benefit. 

I tried working out a deal with someone in the league last year to help them out. I forget what it was for, but I offered them Cam for basically nobody. I had Carson. At the draft this year he tells me he wished he took me up on the offer and I told him I was trying to help him get into a first round bye. I already had the other bye locked down. He even said he was too worried about giving up a player because you never know what's going to happen. I think it was Stevie Johnson I was trying to trade for.

So even a lopsided deal of Cam for Stevie gets turned down because the mentality is "but what if this person turns into Josh Gordon?!?!?!?" 

My philosophy for trades is to help the other guy out as much as it will help me and make sure they're not going to be an opponent going forward. 

Okay, I managed to pick up Mike Wallace and Jerick McKinnon off waivers. So now I have:

WR: Julian Edelman (vs. HOU), Alshon Jeffery (vs. DAL), Marvin Jones Jr. (vs. GB) , and Mike Wallace (vs. JAX)

RB: Devonta Freeman (vs. NO), Jerick McKinnon (vs. CAR)

I have more RBs, but one's definitely starting (Forte), and the other two are not in consideration.

I need 2 WR and 1 RB, and then 1 more out of what's left. My instinct is Wallace and Jones at WR, McKinnon at RB, and Jeffery at flex. Am I nuts?

Thanks, in advance, for your help.

What do you guys think the value for Bell is in a trade? Like, is AJ Green for Bell straight up even value? Would A-Rob for Bell require one or two more pieces? Would those extra pieces be another WR1, would a WR2 suffice? 

23 hours ago, Kyle Casey said:

Okay, I managed to pick up Mike Wallace and Jerick McKinnon off waivers. So now I have:

WR: Julian Edelman (vs. HOU), Alshon Jeffery (vs. DAL), Marvin Jones Jr. (vs. GB) , and Mike Wallace (vs. JAX)

I have more RBs, but one's definitely starting (Forte), and the other two are not in consideration.

I need 2 WR and 1 RB, and then 1 more out of what's left. My instinct is Wallace and Jones at WR, McKinnon at RB, and Jeffery at flex. Am I nuts?

Well, Jeffery just made your decision that much easier to make since he was out of practice with a knee injury.

For your WR, Jones and Wallace. Your RB should be Freeman. Flex should be Edelman.

On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 3:42 PM, Kyle Casey said:

Edelman and Marvin Jones at WR, Freemen at RB and Jeffery as the flex.

2 hours ago, Craig H said:

What do you guys think the value for Bell is in a trade? Like, is AJ Green for Bell straight up even value? Would A-Rob for Bell require one or two more pieces? Would those extra pieces be another WR1, would a WR2 suffice? 

Healthy not suspended Bell is a TOP 3 RB.

I am running this lineup because of  Hamstringapalooza (I owned and started both Johnathan Stewart & Doug Martin) last week.  Not sure if it can be tweaked any in my RB/WR/FLX ranks.  Suggestions?  Please and Thank You.

• RB- Lamar Miller v NE, Melvin Gordon v IND
  • WR- Brandin Cooks v ATL, Sterling Shephard v WAS
  • FLX- Tyrell Williams v IND

My subs are  :

• RB- Dwayne Washington v GB, Cameron Artis-Payne v MIN
  • WR- Marvin Jones v GB, Michael Floyd v BUF

preface: PPR league, with custom scoring giving points for return yards

Every week so far, I have had one player achieve negative points in my line up (Raiders Defense weeks 1 and 2, Fitzmagic this week)

Every week so far, I have had the top scoring Running Back of the week (Deangelo Williams, Matt Forte, Tevin Coleman, all drafted)

Every week so far, I have won.

This week I get Leveon Bell back.

I am excited for the rest of the season.

I would start the Darkwa Knight instead of Matt Jones. Everything else looks solid. There was a really good post on Reddit today or yesterday about Crowder being the shit. I missed on him in my PPR league, but got him in my .5 2 QB league.

I also missed on Jordan Howard in my PPR league because I was 11th for waiver priority. Before I drive my daughter to school in the morning, I start putting through a transaction to pick up Wendell Smallwood instead. I wasn't sure who to drop for him and I don't want to fuck around on my phone while driving, so I figured I would finish the transaction when I got back home. It's a 15 to 20 minute drive round trip. I get home, decide on who I want to drop...and he was taken.

That's ok, Kenneth Dixon was available. Looks like he's returning week 5 and Harbaugh has had it with the RB situation in Baltimore. If Dixon is legit, RB1 is his for the taking.

Thank you based AJ Green! 33 points!! He went 16 over his projection, which more than made up Gio missing his projection by 5 points.

Last Saturday I spoke with a team owner about trading for Demarco. He then went on and on about how RB is the most valuable and consistent position. I brought up to him that he doesn't even have a WR1 and he then went on about how a Demarco was worth more than a WR1. He also said you can't win without top RBs. At that point I mentioned that he's 0-3 and I'm going 3-0 with drafting my first RB in the 6th or 7th round. He was surprised about that. So I go, "you would even turn down AJ Green for Demarco?" He said he would still hold onto Demarco.

He's my opponent this week and I'm off to a good start. Thanks AJ Green!

BTW, what's the opinion here on Frank Gore's value. I want to trade for him, but I'm not sure what to offer. I could offer up any one of Green, Robinson, Cooper, Travis Benjamin, Gio, Mathews, Duke, Olsen, Pitta, CAP, or Dorsett.

Yesterday I asked a friend what he thought about offering Cooper for Gore and his opinion was that Cooper was worth way too much, gets too many targets, and, kinda what I was getting at above, RB is too volatile. His other opinion was that I shouldn't trade for any RB. Across my league, RB is thin. I probably have the most healthy group of RBs while everyone else only has a couple healthy RBs, but they're also top 20 RBs. His point was to aim for the consistency I'll get from Gio/Mathews/Duke/Dixon (when he's healthy) and let Green/Robinson/Cooper/Benjamin make up the rest.

So what do you guys think? Trade for Gore? Stand pat?