DVDVR Message Board

Fantasy Football Time!

Kevin Wilson

Week 2 ~  WR2 Conundrums

Last week the recommendations of the Lions players helped out nicely.  Thanks for those who chimed in..

I have WR2 spot to fill, here are my choices (my gut feeling is in BOLD ):

• M. Floyd vs. TB
  • M. Jones vs. TEN
  • S. Shephard vs. NO

21 hours ago, Justin877 said:

Week 2 ~  WR2 Conundrums

Last week the recommendations of the Lions players helped out nicely.  Thanks for those who chimed in..

I have WR2 spot to fill, here are my choices (my gut feeling is in BOLD ):

• M. Floyd vs. TB
  • M. Jones vs. TEN
  • S. Shephard vs. NO

M. Jones being Marvin Jones? I like him. Shepard isn't a bad choice but he's either #2 or #3, definite feast or famine potential there, and I don't buy San Diego yet.

Flex question, PPR league (bold is who I have in now)

RB Carlos Hyde (@CAR)

TE Delanie Walker (@DET)

WR John Brown (TB)

WR Desean Jackson (DAL)

WR Golden Tate (TEN)

Kind of torn between Hyde and Tate. With the way the Broncos ran on Carolina last week, I'm tempted to throw in Hyde. My other option is to sit Jordan Matthews as my WR2, put Tate in there and then Hyde as my flex.

I have a theory in FFL that I virtually never sit my stars. If I drafted someone in the first few rounds, and they are healthy, then they are playing unless there is a 4+ week run that they do absolutely nothing. I think people in general over-react to Week 1 (glances at @JRGoldman), its too early to bench the people you depended on to win you the league. Like AD and Freeman both had bad weeks last week but I never considered benching either of them. Now if Week 5, Freeman and Coleman are still 50/50 then I may change my mind but not yet.

Plus, you end up over-thinking which leads to regret :)  The big FFL guys are the ones most likely to bust out a 25+ point game which I know in our league is needed to win, all of our teams are too good to keep one of the best players on the bench.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, elizium said:

...but the Rams....

(full disclosure, I am currently stuck on the Gurley train in one league, so hopefully he proves my advice wrong this week)

Yea but you knew his team before you drafted him :) Sure they looked like shit last week but everyone has bad weeks, if the Rams win uh 24-10 this week then you'll feel silly for giving up on him so soon. Just my opinion of course. I am just comparing it to my Peterson situation, they looked rough last week and so did he but it never crossed my mind to bench him.

Number 1 on the waiver wire. Am I better off grabbing Fozzy Whitaker (who took over for Stewart) or Cameron Artis-Payne (who will likely be activated now)? Or do I pick up Matt Asiata and hope he gets a lot of goal line work (McKinnon is already owned)? Whoever I pick up might need to start next week, as I lost Woodhead as my RB2 and am down to Carlos Hyde and Justin Forsett behind David Johnson.

I'd love to trade for an RB, but the only players I have that I can reasonably offer without severely weakening my team are DJax, Golden Tate and John Brown. None of whom have been very inspiring this year.

I needed 3 points from Ryan Mathews to win both of my matchups. Try as the shitty Eagles might, Mathews couldn't be denied. His 1st TD from last night was pretty baller. Bounces off the defender, nearly goes down, stays upright, and makes his way into the end zone. So his 2 TDs put me at 2-0 and 1-1.

But again, fuck the Eagles. WTF were they thinking? Makes me want to see if a Gurley owner wants to go Gurley for Mathews straight up.

Crazy waiver wire week. For RBs, do you go after McKinnon, Asiata, Crowell, Fozzy, CAP...? For TE, do you go after Pitta (good upcoming schedule), Tamme (SHITTY upcoming schedule), Walford...?

I'm a Doug Martin owner in one league looking for stability, so I'm putting in a claim on McKinnon. In that same league, I'm a Fleener and Graham owner, so I'm putting in a claim for Pitta and dumping Fleener. My backup choice is Walford. If I don't get McKinnon, I'm good because Bell comes off suspension soon.

In the PPR league, my RBs are garbage. Gio Bernard (great week 2, but going forward?), Mathews, Duke Johnson, and Richard (Oakland). Can't decide if I make a play for Asiata or Whittaker because those RBs are a liability going forward.