DVDVR Message Board

Fantasy Football Time!

Kevin Wilson

I'd join, but there's no way I can make (or be sober enough) for a 3:30pm draft on Labor Day.  

If spots need to be filled, I don't mind joining and auto-drafting, but want to give it a chance to fill with people who can actually make it before I did.

Right now, we are at 10 because someone joined w/ 2 teams. Someone else is suppose to join so I expanded to 12. If we can't find one more to even it out, I guess that person can delete their second team to get it back to 10.

We got 12 teams. Since someone has two teams, anyone who wants to join last minute before we draft in less than 3 hours should let me know now. It's looking less likely the other person who was suppose to join is doing so.

Worst case - I am pretty sure you can assign the 2nd team to someone else AFTER the draft.

It is better to stay at the even number so the draft happens instead of having to find a new time

36 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

It is better to stay at the even number so the draft happens instead of having to find a new time

....which is I why I didn't give rid of the other team.

Said person had plenty of chances to join between last night and this morning. Didn't even bother to check their email for the invite. Oh well.

Doing a live draft and then having an online draft start in about the last hour of the live draft was a nightmare. I never want to do that again. My online draft for my 2 QB league wound up being a shit show. The live draft for the 12 team PPR league I'm in went well though, considering I had the 10th pick. I brought along my laptop and was using Beersheets from Reddit and another spreadsheet to help with my picks. I wound up drafting, in order:

- AJ Green
- Allen Robinson
- Amari Cooper
- Greg Olsen
- Drew Brees
- Duke Johson
- Gio Bernard
- Ryan Mathews
- Travis Benjamin
- Blake Bortles
- Tyler Lockett
- Charles Clay
- Marcus Mariota
- Jay Ajayi
- And then I picked a D and K that I already dropped for the Rams D and Blair Walsh

I put my draft through FantasyPros analyzer and I had the 2nd best draft in my league based on ECR. I wasn't thrilled seeing such huge names come off the board, but it still went well. I'm not thrilled with my RB situation though. I never trust Browns RBs, Gio is part of a 2 man backfield, and who know what kind of season Mathews has. If Mathews has a season like last year, then I'll be happy.

My 2 QB league team is a mess, I think. I kept Julio Jones, and then drafted Nuk, Bell, Doug Martin, TY Hilton, Demaryius Thomas, CJ Anderson, Cousins, Ryan Mathews, Fleener, Dalton, Duke Johnson, Hurns, Snead, Graham, Tannehill, Starks, and Tye. That team could be really good, and it could be really shitty. To be really good, Cousins needs to continue his work from last season, Martin needs to produce similar numbers, Bell can't get suspended again, Brock needs to find Nuk, Matt Ryan needs to find Jones, etc. 

I had my weirdest, and probably stupidest, draft ever tonight

QB: Brees, Brady

RB: Gurley, Bell, Hyde, Ivory

WR: Nelson, Landry, Fitzgerald, Sanders

TE: Ertz

K: Vinatieri

D/ST:  Houston

Lets see what we got:

2 million year old quarterbacks, plus who the hell drafts both Brees and Brady?  (Brady was still available at the very end of the draft when I was down to kickers and defenses, so I decided What the Hell?)  Maybe he and Brees will both light it up, and I can trade one of em for a decent RB/WR if somebody gets desperate

4 running backs, 3 of whom have the same bye week.  Oops.  My very flimsy defense is that I got distracted and the Hyde pick was an auto selection

2 guys coming off major knee surgeries

2 guys that are currently suspended

This team has the potential to be good or very, very bad

Yahoo's draft grader is trolling me for the RB picks, basically saying "you tanked week 8".  I'm gonna laugh my ass off if I somehow win that week.

Wow - I've had bad yahoo auto-drafts before.  But in two leagues of drafting yesterday (one of which is essentially a 2 QB league), I came away with Carson Palmer, Marcus Mariota, Tyrod Taylor and Ryan Fitzpatrick at QB.  Yikes.

34 minutes ago, Justin877 said:

I am having a quandry filling my WR2 and Flex spot.  Here are my options. Need to pick 2 ( 2 WRs or  1 WR/ 1 RB )

• M. Floyd vs NE
  • M. Jones vs IND
  • S. Shephard vs DAL
  • M. Wheaton vs WAS
  • and my sole unattached RB A, Abdullah vs IND

M Jones: Stafford throws the ball a ton .

Abdullah: Colts last year couldn't stop the run plus he can catch some as well.

Okay, here's my RB/Receiving Corps:

RB: Devonta Freeman, Matt Forte, Arian Foster, Matt Jones, Ameer Abdullah

WR: Julian Edelman, Antonio Brown, Alshon Jeffery, Marvin Jones Jr., Donte Moncrief

TE: Travis Kelce, Eric Ebron

I need 2 WR, 2 RB, 1 TE, and 1 flex spot.

Thoughts?

4 hours ago, Kyle Casey said:

Okay, here's my RB/Receiving Corps:

RB: Devonta Freeman, Matt Forte, Arian Foster, Matt Jones, Ameer Abdullah

WR: Julian Edelman, Antonio Brown, Alshon Jeffery, Marvin Jones Jr., Donte Moncrief

TE: Travis Kelce, Eric Ebron

I need 2 WR, 2 RB, 1 TE, and 1 flex spot.

Thoughts?

Brown and Edelman

Freemen and Forte

Kelce

Abdullah in the flex spot

I need some advice for my flex spot in a PPR league. Do I go with:

- D. Thomas going against the Carolina D
- T. Hilton going against the Detroit D
- C. Anderson going against the Carolina D
- D. Johnson Jr. going against the Philly D
- A. Hurns going against the Green Bay D

I was dead set on starting Thomas until this morning, but now I'm getting cold feet. I don't think the Carolina D is going to be as good as it was last year and Thomas is talking shit about the Carolina D, so I almost want to start him. Hilton is currently projected to do better, but who knows how good Luck is going to be.

6 hours ago, Craig H said:

I need some advice for my flex spot in a PPR league. Do I go with:

- D. Thomas going against the Carolina D
- T. Hilton going against the Detroit D
- C. Anderson going against the Carolina D
- D. Johnson Jr. going against the Philly D
- A. Hurns going against the Green Bay D

I was dead set on starting Thomas until this morning, but now I'm getting cold feet. I don't think the Carolina D is going to be as good as it was last year and Thomas is talking shit about the Carolina D, so I almost want to start him. Hilton is currently projected to do better, but who knows how good Luck is going to be.

I would go with Thomas

4 hours ago, elizium said:

Flex as well, non-PPR

K. Benjamin (@DEN)

A. Abdullah (@IND)

K. Aiken (BUFF)

Right now, I have Benjamin in, but first night in against Denver's D has me worried.

Abdullah against that run defense

Apparently Benjamin is going to be on a snap count, so I think that takes him out anyway. Opening night against the champs was probably a bad place to start him. Thanks Sabin.

My other leagues don't have anyone going until Sunday, so I can wait a bit before deciding on those.

• Like 1