DVDVR Message Board

Fantasy Football Time!

Kevin Wilson

Since questions started popping up in the Preseason thread, figured we were due to do an official fantasy football catch-all thread so we can ask questions and seek advice from people just as clueless as we are.

If you have done the DVDVR Paid League in past years, if you sign into Yahoo the league has already been formed. I sent an email but it may have gone to junk mail. I need payment the week before the draft or your spot will be given to someone with $25 more readily available, tired of chasing down people for money :)

28 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

Since questions started popping up in the Preseason thread, figured we were due to do an official fantasy football catch-all thread so we can ask questions and seek advice from people just as clueless as we are.

If you have done the DVDVR Paid League in past years, if you sign into Yahoo the league has already been formed. I sent an email but it may have gone to junk mail. I need payment the week before the draft or your spot will be given to someone with $25 more readily available, tired of chasing down people for money :)

Any spots left in the paid league? Or do I have to wait for someone who is an incredible cheapskate?

11 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Any spots left in the paid league? Or do I have to wait for someone who is an incredible cheapskate?

I am guessing there will be but I try to be nice and let everyone that played last year have a chance to re-join, and I don't know quite yet if anyone isn't coming back. If anyone drops out I'll let you know first.

47 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

I am guessing there will be but I try to be nice and let everyone that played last year have a chance to re-join, and I don't know quite yet if anyone isn't coming back. If anyone drops out I'll let you know first.

Me IRL

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Would you mind putting me on that list too? It's been awhile since I played in the DVDVR league, but is it PPR?

I have .5 PPR, feel that full 1 PPR makes WRs too strong but no PPR makes them too weak. So its a compromise of sorts.

• 3 weeks later...

Had my first draft of the year on Monday. More accurately, at 3:00 AM Monday morning local time. Since I couldn't be there live, I put together a fairly extensive list so that Yahoo! could auto-pick for me. One of my top five picks is definitely suspended for the first four weeks of the season, and another might be.

Here's what I have and what round they were selected in. . .wound up with the #2 overall pick:

QB - Tom Brady (5), Ryan Fitzpatrick (11)
RB - Le'Veon Bell (2), Duke Johnson (6), Buck Allen (15), Jerick McKinnon (FA)
WR - Julio Jones (1), T.Y. Hilton (3), Demaryius Thomas (4), Terrence Williams (12), Kendall Wright (13)
TE - Zach Ertz (7), Jimmy Graham (10)
K - Steven Gostkowski (8)
D - Arizona (9)

Yahoo! decided to take two kickers for me, so I dumped Chandler Catanzaro (taken in the 14th round) in order to pick up McKinnon as running back help. Still not in love with the running back situation, but hopefully my receivers will be more than enough to carry me at least through the Brady suspension.

Lineups for this league are 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB/WR Flex, 1 K, 1 D, 6 bench players

Trying to remember a site, wonder if anyone can help me. It's a weekly fantasy projection site that breaks everything down into descending chart form. I don't know why I don't have it bookmarked anymore, but it was invaluable last year.

I realize that isn't much to go on, but I know people from here have mentioned it before as well. The site had a very sparse look, primarily just white with the different projection categories aligned down the left hand side of the page. The graphs, when clicked on, would be laid out with must start players at the uppermost left of the charts, down to avoid at all players at the bottom right. The different player names would be grouped by colours as well.

Hopefully this rings a bell for someone.

EDIT: Found it http://www.borischen.co/

13 hours ago, RIPPA said:

For those in the DVDVR cash league - pay Kevin you lazy fucks

Only three haven't paid and I've heard from all three, which is shockingly better than most years. I think people just like firm dates, makes for easier planning.

Hoping it is safe to drop Fantasy Football Draft rosters.  If there is a catch-all thread I will drop this off there.

12 Team League with 16 Rounds

• QB - Tom Brady, Matt Stafford
  • RB - Lamar Miller, Doug Martin, Johnathan Stewart, Melvin Gordon
  • WR - Brandin Cooks, Michael Floyd, Marvin Jones, Sterling Shephard, Markus Wheaton
  • TE - Zach Miller, Kyle Rudolph
  • DST - Seahawks, Jets
  • K - Brandon McManus

Update: I'm thinking about doing a ten team Yahoo PPR league.

Craig, Kuestar, Mrhenry, and myself would be four. I'm trying to recruit ex-mod/current Oregonian sprewellrimz. That would be five. We need five more for a proper league.

9 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Update: 5 down, 5 to go.

JOIN TODAY~!

Even though I personally set it before the Ole Miss/FSU game, the draft does fall before Raw comes on FWIW.