DVDVR Message Board

RAW is UNIVERSALLY AWESOME

Niners Fan in CT

I had a feeling Sasha would get the belt tonight as Raw had a special feel from the start. Very cool to see her get the big win and a good match from her and Charlotte but that Lita diva was a scary as hell. 

• Like 1

Read recaps because I tend not to watch main roster weeklies anymore but I'll have to check out Sasha's title win.

Balor vs. Rollins is a fucking nightmare scenario. The two worst most self indulgent in aimless ways indie offense dudes on the roster right now getting time and shooting for an epic. Already dreading it.

• Like 3

Raw was great. I loved the second 4-way, Charlotte/Sasha & Roman/Finn. I'm happy for Sasha though I actually prefer Charlotte. Glad to see Finn win. It will be a nice change for the main event. I assume Seth takes the belt at Summerslam though I'm hoping it goes to Finn.

Not on par with the top 3 or 4 NXT women's matches, but it has to be the best Raw women's match I've seen. I haven't seen the Lita/Trish match that main evented in a while, but something tells me Sasha and Charlotte's opening lockup was better than anything in that match.

Crossfit Jesus vs. The Demon that is not Kane for the Universal Cable Title.

I'm rooting for whomever uses any move Graves would dare call a Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I wonder how long Roman's punishment lasts. I can see a program with Bongo Somersault included in his punishment. 

Probably not as long as some would think.  He's going to have to eat crap for a few months (think HHH after the Curtain Call), but I don't see him sitting on the sidelines for long.  Heck, they can have him beat Rusev for the US title if they wanted.

If anything, Finn's win probably has more with the rumors of Vince wanting to keep Rollins heel for a long while and realizing that Crossfit Jesus beating up on the new guy would likely do the trick.

I'm trying to figure out how they'll book it. I don't see them wanting to job out Balor this early on, but can they have Rollins take the loss?  Not to mention that they feel so similar to each other in style. The more I think about it, the more I think Rollins/Balor only has a 50% chance of being epic.  Which is what they need for this new belt to feel important from jump. Not saying that it'll automatically be bad, but the potential for bad seems pretty high.

Sasha needs to cool it with those crazy dives. She's going to break her neck, I just know it.

James Ellsworth!  Poor guy looked like a baby turtle about to be eaten by an alligator.

Sonny Boy!  Honestly, New Day may have been the worst part of the show because the Sonny Boy segment dragged for a bit.

Golden Truth's Pokémon search was the perfect way to incorporate comedy into the show and have it pay off in the end.

Very good show.  SmackDown, in the words of Mr. Johnson, will have to bring it tomorrow.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Matt D said:

I'm excited we don't have another month of Reigns vs Rollins. 

They haven't feuded nearly as much as one would think. The two times they were supposed to have 1-on-1 big matches, someone got hurt.  Roman wasn't around for the Battleground build-up.  I think they're kicking that down the road for WM.  Which works.  It gives us some distance with the Shield guys for a while.

22 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Goddamn that match was amazing. Stiff as fuck, great facials from Charlotte (don't say it), a great story told perfectly. I especially liked Dana getting kicked out due to Sasha's sneakiness. 

That's one camera angle that Kevin Dunn didn't miss. The Sasha smirk/wave goodbye from behind Dana was fantastic.

Good crowd tonight from a city that's usually fairly quiet when it comes to Raws.