DVDVR Message Board

WWE BATTLEGROUND 2016

RIPPA

1 hour ago, Red is Dead said:

=-

Orton's "no enhancement necessary" quip. He's going to get buttfucked by Lesnar, isnt he?

Especially given that Orton's piss at any given moment could make Vladimir Putin say "Yeah, I know I know but this guy!"

I felt with Orton talking about Suplex City and then taking a trip to Viperville, he was supposed to say "no shortcut necessary" which is a bit more subtle, but got caught up and said enhancement. Then Jericho said he'll be in trouble for that one and Orton legit laughed and said "you're probably right". 

But on the whole that segment with Orton felt a bit forced. Randy was hamming it up to the max, pretty much pandering. 

Enzo & Cass are absolutely on fire right now. They seem like such huge legit stars already. Cena was really selling that promo like he was seeing/hearing something special happening, which probably wasn't difficult to do. 

Rusev is the most 'pro wrestling' thing I've seen in a long while. He just resonates with me, something totally old school and legit about him that makes him a massive star in my eyes. I had hoped he went to Smackdown and went up to the main event, but with the US title right now he's got a spot on the show thats letting him do wrestling things instead of hanging with Stephanie or Shane. Add Lana into the equation and i'm totally sold. 

• Like 2

Will they ever pull the trigger on Ryder? Always, the same will they won't they bullshit. Sure, Rusev was the right man to go over, but I am ready to accept a Ryder push. The man is still over, has improved in the ring and looks good (plus that jacket was straight up Sting-levels of greatness). The falls finishes in the match got the crowd going as well (the elbow drop into the knees and the near Accolade escape).

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Watched videos of fans (mostly kids) reaction to Bayley's entrance music hitting live is just wonderful to see.  :)

I wish I could link to snapchats because there were a few good ones from workers last night who shot Bayley's debut - including Summer Rae.

The pop seemed even bigger on those videos than what it sounded like on the actual show

12 minutes ago, EVA said:

Not being judgy or anything, but Charlotte looks like she's been cycling off lately, too.

As well as Dana Brooke.  I don't know what is going on with her but she is like 2 NXT Dana Brooke's right now.   Never mind that someone told her that her tits need to be huge to get called up, she went from a slim body builder physique to a shorter version of Natalya.  Probably one of the reasons why she is struggling in the ring so much.  Well that and lack of experience

Yeah, not to sound all Hollywood Cibernetico, but Charlotte's ring attire was ill-fitting to a distracting degree. It did her no favors. I'm not sure I would've noticed that before I got married, but I did. Mrs. Drew was tripping on it, as well...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, piranesi said:

Also I want ALL THE SIGILs in that opening promo. 

Also thank you to the Game of Throne book thread dweebs for teaching me the word "sigil" because I would have just called them "flappy stick signs" before.

...wait, you didn't even know the word "flag"?

• Like 3

"We have a divided audience.  There's just no way to appeal to both the bitchy old men and to the adorable little kids at the same time."

"We could push Bayley."

"Like I said, there's just no way to do it."

"We could push Bayley."

"If only we had someone who was incredibly skillful in the ring and absurdly cute as a character too."

"Bayley."

"Maybe put Ryder in a Furby costume.  Furby's are the big thing now, right?"

"They are not.  But Bayley."

"Darn. Let's put a pin in this and come back to it in a year."

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, Matt D said:

Do we think that Bayley purposefully high fived the inflatable guy that fell over or did it just land on her head to make it look that way?

I believe in NXT she always high fives the inflatable character.  Maybe not with as much excitement but can't blame her for that

Or maybe Full Sail has a course on proper handling of inflatable characters

1 minute ago, hammerva said:

I believe in NXT she always high fives the inflatable character.  Maybe not with as much excitement but can't blame her for that

Or maybe Full Sail has a course on proper handling of inflatable characters

Something tells me that any number of dudes on the Full Sale campus could teach you about properly handling inflatables.

• Like 15

27 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

And this one might have been posted already (not double checking)

So, the Izzy family are Washington Football Club fans... 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, piranesi said:

Little-known fact: Dean once lived for seven months in the back row of the studio audience for FAMILY FEUD. 

Go ahead and ask him what 100 people said was "something you don't want to hear your bae say right before sex?"

If this doesn't blow up Dean's Twitter, I'm disappointed in all of us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, just drew said:

Yeah, not to sound all Hollywood Cibernetico, but Charlotte's ring attire was ill-fitting to a distracting degree. It did her no favors. I'm not sure I would've noticed that before I got married, but I did. Mrs. Drew was tripping on it, as well...

Charlotte's ring gear has always fit her weird. They have no idea how to design attire for her body type.  Whenever she wears street clothes, she looks good. She has to stop wearing those tiny shorts.  They're made for someone with hips, and Charlotte is too lean in that area to wear them without giving herself a wedgie.

• Like 2