DVDVR Message Board

WWE BATTLEGROUND 2016

RIPPA

I don't think Bayley is coming up until after SummerSlam. Bringing her up now takes some steam off of Sasha/Charlotte which they've been building to for a year. I wouldn't mind a Trish comeback. I think she could have a really good program with Nia, and help get her over. Lita couldn't work in her prime so I really don't need to see her in 2016.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, hammerva said:

I can see them bringing back the Big Gold Belt for their world title but what in the world would you call the other Smackdown title?  I can't imagine them bringing back the Divas Title or a European title

World Television Title, complete with 15:00 time limit. Internet explodes and forgives the entire draft fiasco. WWE wins again.

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Marty Sugar said:

World Television Title, complete with 15:00 time limit. Internet explodes and forgives the entire draft fiasco. WWE wins again.

Wasn't it a ten minute time limit on TBS Saturday nights? If the challenger went ten, and was named Brad Armstrong, he'd get twenty the next week?

• Like 1

tumblr_o7g76wAfPd1uvyu9yo2_400.gif tumblr_o7g76wAfPd1uvyu9yo1_400.gif

KO + Sami 4 Ever.  Another MOTYC.  Jesus christ, that brainbuster was terrifying. 

The Bayley debut was incredible. New Day/Wyatts was very fun. The Shield match was aight. Rusev just being confused by the mere concept of Mojo Rawley made my night. 

Also, here is my impression of Randy Orton...

Billy_Joel_-_Glass_Houses.jpg

Solid show. 

• Like 1

Owens/Zayn was awesome.

I'm shocked at the clean finish in the main.  The Brand Loyality shit is fucking old already.  Half the people in the ring hate each other, and just had blood fued matches, WHY THE HELL WERE THE USO'S HOLDING UP DEAN AFTER HE BEAT THEIR COUSIN???

• Like 10

1 minute ago, Raziel403 said:

Owens/Zayn was awesome.

I'm shocked at the clean finish in the main.  The Brand Loyality shit is fucking old already.  Half the people in the ring hate each other, and just had blood fued matches, WHY THE HELL WERE THE USO'S HOLDING UP DEAN AFTER HE BEAT THEIR COUSIN???

Best part being they looked so unhappy doing it too.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Raziel403 said:

Owens/Zayn was awesome.

It's amazing how dumb they think we are.

But why does Randy Orton's new shirt say 

"R    K    sex-ed-diagram-of-fallopian-tubes"????

• Like 2

I thought this was the best PPV of the year so far. Having Bayley come out when she did was the right call. I hope she's up full time soon. Thought Ryder/Rusev was booked well. Ryder getting just enough to piss off Rusev. Mojo debuting that way was ehhh. Owens/Zayn was awesome. Enzo is maybe the most precocious talent on the mic they've had since the Rock. He's unbelievable. Match was good, too. AJ is such a believable douche. It's too bad there's no crossfit exercise to work on your "charisma" muscles, because in-ring Seth Rollins is gifted. I'd just rather listen to Melissa McCarthy try to fit in a scuba suit than Rollins talk. Guy is awful. Dean Ambrose winning is the right move. Smackdown's top guy needs credibility, and now Reigns/Rollins can launch a program for a new title on Raw. 

• Like 1

I'm glad I was wrong and Bayley was the mystery partner because, with how that crowd was chanting for her already, they would have totally crapped on any other woman lol 

I thought Nattie and Becky had a good match in a no-win placement. Cool that they didn't completely lose the crowd though. 

Things I loved:

IT'S BAYLEY!
Owens vs. Zayn
Enzo owning the microphone

Things I liked:

Rusev's switched up Accolade
Interestingly, Mojo running in to face-off against Rusev.
All the other matches.

Excellent PPV.

• Like 1

Shocked that Ambrose won.   When they put Reigns threw the announcers table I figure that was the usual comeback they do.   Boy was I glad to be proven wrong on that.  Won clean as a whistle.  Also protected Rollins in some way.   

A great PPV.  Even if you took away the last half of show it would be the best show of the year

• Like 1

Zayn/Owens was awesome and that finish was beautiful.

Both six man tags were good ass pro wrestling.

Surprised Ambrose went over but glad given how much the crowd digs him. Curious who he'll feud with if Cena/Styles is still a thing.

It's 2016 and the pre-main segment is an interview with Chris Jericho and Randy Orton. THE NEW ERA~

• Like 1