DVDVR Message Board

WWE BATTLEGROUND 2016

RIPPA

Card currently looks like this

WWE Championship: Dean Ambrose (C) (Smackdown) vs. Seth Rollins (Raw) vs. Roman Reigns (Raw)

John Cena (Smackdown)/Enzo & Cass (Raw) vs. AJ Styles (Smackdown)/The Club (Raw)

Sami Zayn (Raw) vs. Kevin Owens (Raw)

IC Title: The Miz (C) (Smackdown) vs. Darren Young (Raw)

US Title: Rusev (C) (Raw) vs. Zack Ryder (Smackdown)

Becky Lynch (Smackdown) vs. Natalya (Smackdown)

New Day (Raw) vs. Bray Wyatt (Smackdown)/Erick Rowan (Smackdown)/Braun Strowman (Raw)

Charlotte (Raw)/Dana Brooke (Raw) vs. Sasha Banks (Raw)/Mystery Partner

Chris Jericho (Raw) Highlight Reel featuring Randy Orton (Smackdown)

I can totally see Darren Young winning just so RAW has all the titles (since I think it is fairly obvious RAW is taking the WWE Title)

I mean that is totally something the company would do

So whose turn is it to get the win in the Owens/Zayn match this month?  Since they're both on the same show it's pretty much a given that the feud will continue, so there's some gimmick match set up for SS?

I'm guessing Nattie/Becky and the IC match get bumped to the preshow.

Did they announce if the world title match was one fall or not?  If so I'm going by my completely off the wall prediction that Rollins and Ambrose double-pin Reigns and thus we get two titles.

Alvarez (?) or someone claimed last night that the mystery partner would not be Bayley.  I think it was Alvarez that said that

I'm still holding out hope that it's the new woman out of Puerto Rico that they just signed, Salvia Vega.

I'll show myself out now.

Edit: Yeah, Nia Jax would make some sense.

• Like 3

Yeah - I forgot Nia was drafted to RAW.

I put her above Paige.

I am waiting for the WON to hit online because Dave already promised to have a write up on what is going on with Bayley

I'm going with the Rollins win only because I could totally see Roman losing so he can start from the bottom as a sympathetic baby face on the Jeff Hardy redemption trail even though the guy is getting more boos and has more crowd heat then anyone in the company and they will not rest until we cheer and love Roman.

11 minutes ago, Zartan said:

I'm going with the Rollins win only because I could totally see Roman losing so he can start from the bottom as a sympathetic baby face on the Jeff Hardy redemption trail even though the guy is getting more boos and has more crowd heat then anyone in the company and they will not rest until we cheer and love Roman.

sisyphus-250x250.jpeg

• Like 2

I think Rollins takes the WWE title back to RAW and then cuts a promo to open the show on how it's HAHAHA AMBROSE and there's nothing Dean can do because he's on SD! 

Then Steph cuts a similar HAHAHA Shane and Bryan you suck! your show doesn't even have a champion!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I think Rollins takes the WWE title back to RAW and then cuts a promo to open the show on how it's HAHAHA AMBROSE and there's nothing Dean can do because he's on SD! 

Then Steph cuts a similar HAHAHA Shane and Bryan you suck! your show doesn't even have a champion!

And then Shane will open Smackdown by saying that Steph and Bryan made a lot of good points. but Smackdown will focus on bring fresh new faces to sports entertainment and introduce theirnnew signing MVP and make a main event of Cena/Orton/Ziggler vs Kane/ADR/Wyatt

9 minutes ago, Go2Sleep said:

There's gotta be a fairly decent chance that Gallows and Anderson turn on AJ (after he takes the fall from Cena of course) and unite with Finn on Raw.

I was hoping all 4 would wind up on the same show so they could do this angle over a period of time with Balor joining them and he and Styles gradually developing a rivalry before Gallows and Anderson turn on Styles and spark a feud.  That's too easy of an idea for creative to actually go through with it though.

11 minutes ago, Go2Sleep said:

There's gotta be a fairly decent chance that Gallows and Anderson turn on AJ (after he takes the fall from Cena of course) and unite with Finn on Raw.

I also thought about that, but wouldn't that turn AJ face? That would be his second turn in a very short timespan and all the other main event level stars on Smackdown (Ambrose, Cena, Orton) are also faces, so I don't think it will happen.