DVDVR Message Board

Is It Chilly In Here? I Feel a DRAFT - Smackdown - 7/19/2016

Dolfan in NYC

This is all speculation on my part, but Claudio comes off as the type that is more about the art of wrestling, as opposed to it simply being a job. Yes, we all need money to survive, however I think he much rather be working a 30 minute match the crowd goes ape for, as opposed to a 5 minute Raw match where he doesn't get to show anything. 

• Like 1

On 7/19/2016 at 8:14 PM, piranesi said:

Booker just coined "TAKE IT TO THE HAM!" as the catchphrase for Greg Hamilton.  He's just rocking back and forth and every now and then he blurts out the craziest stuff and starts maniacally laughing.

It's amazing.

Cocaine's a helluva drug.

• Like 3

At least with Zayn, he's only been on the main roster in full for a few months and while they're getting close to running his feud with Owens into the ground, that keeps him viable for now.  They're not actively screwing up with him so much.

Cesaro, though--that's a mess.  He's been around long enough to where if they wanted to do something with him, they would have by now.  They've had chances to at least push him into a Sheamus-like position of being a permanent upper mid-carder who dabbles in the main event.  Unless he sneezed on Vince or called Stephanie stupid to her face, I don't know why they wouldn't try with the guy for a few months.  At worst, they simply slot him back to where he is currently.

You'd think that with his looks and their efforts to pull in more international markets, they'd push Cesaro enough to where he'd star in a WWE Studios movie as a Jason Statham/Liam Neeson type of action hero.  At least go for the quick buck if nothing else.

• Like 1

I honestly feel that Cesaro is better on the mic (and better overall) than Sami Zayn. He also has that air of superiority with his interview skills that puts him in that KO level without the dickishness.

Wouldn't a Cesaro vs Rusev for the US Championship be a pretty stellar feud for the next 6 months? 

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Wyld Samurai said:

I honestly feel that Cesaro is better on the mic (and better overall) than Sami Zayn. He also has that air of superiority with his interview skills that puts him in that KO level without the dickishness.

I think they are both great but great at different things. However, Zayn has some backing from the office while Cesaro has had to prove himself over and over again.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Wyld Samurai said:

Wouldn't a Cesaro vs Rusev for the US Championship be a pretty stellar feud for the next 6 months? 

Yes, but what would be even better  - bear with me here - is Rusev and Cesaro as mismatched tag partners,  They could feud with,.... um.... Kane and Big Show.  That would work.  Kane and Show are both huge men, so it would mean something when Rusev or Cesaro get some offense in.

They can't win much, of course.  Kane and Show need to be kept strong for their next title programs.  But Rusaro can come close for six months, so it will mean something when they get a fluke win on Smackdown after a string of PPV losses.

Really, is there a good reason I don't have the book?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Vader does my taxes! said:

Yes, but what would be even better  - bear with me here - is Rusev and Cesaro as mismatched tag partners,  They could feud with,.... um.... Kane and Big Show.  That would work.  Kane and Show are both huge men, so it would mean something when Rusev or Cesaro get some offense in.

They can't win much, of course.  Kane and Show need to be kept strong for their next title programs.  But Rusaro can come close for six months, so it will mean something when they get a fluke win on Smackdown after a string of PPV losses.

Really, is there a good reason I don't have the book?

Is that a trick question? Your first booking idea is putting Kane/Show on my tv.

4 hours ago, evilwaldo said:

5 more years and he will be ready for his WWE main event push.

He needs a couple WWE Films on his resume between now and then.

• Like 2

Well, for starters, unlike a lot of backstage interviewers she actually gives the impression she knows what she's doing and doesn't say stupid shit.  That, and she seems to have a great personality that comes through on TV but especially in shows like her Unfiltered show on the Network.

• Like 1