DVDVR Message Board

Is It Chilly In Here? I Feel a DRAFT - Smackdown - 7/19/2016

Dolfan in NYC

My favorite thing will be when all the cruiserweights are in the ring for the introduction of the division and Steph enters wearing seven inch heels and dresses them down properly. That'l put asses in seats.

And I can only imagine taking two weeks to carefully craft a proper draft only to have Vince come in Tuesday afternoon and gut the whole thing.

• Like 1

No way those are the final rosters. I bet we see a whole slew of returns and debuts in the following weeks. Either that, or we're going to have some really long Baron Corbin matches on RAW.

6 minutes ago, joseph2112 said:

My favorite thing will be when all the cruiserweights are in the ring for the introduction of the division and Steph enters wearing seven inch heels and dresses them down properly. That'l put asses in seats.

And I can only imagine taking two weeks to carefully craft a proper draft only to have Vince come in Tuesday afternoon and gut the whole thing.

She is not dressing them down.  She is putting them over.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, piranesi said:

...and an emotionally abusive father, a loudmouth runt of a  brother, an astounding lack of competence, and a tendency to blow up the ground beneath myself to spite my enemies.

Oh, and huge crowds of people sometimes yell "slut" at me.

'What is best in life?'

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

God - I don't know why but there are so many tiny little logic things that are bugging the shit out of me about the draft.

I am gonna to fucking waste time writing a worthless column aren't I?

You mean like Daniel Bryan for some reason not drafting Nakamura.  There is no kayfabe universe where that makes sense.

• Like 1

I'm surprised that people are surprised that Mojo Rawley got drafted to the main roster. Ever since Mojo came to NXT and posted hanging out the Rob Gronkowski everyone pretty much said he's a lock for the main roster because of that crossover appeal of getting a big name pro athlete to WWE TV (Gronk has already appeared on NXT TV)

1 minute ago, Trocar Slush Weasel said:

You mean like Daniel Bryan for some reason not drafting Nakamura.  There is no kayfabe universe where that makes sense.

Well even then you could find kayfabe reasons for all the NXT slights (Regal presenting a can't draft list or guys working the Takeover show not eligible) but when they spend the whole night babbling about Shane leaning on Bryan's familiarity with wrestlers for their picks and then they didn't take Cesaro

5 minutes ago, Trocar Slush Weasel said:

Agreed. They should've let nxt protect two wrestlers from each division. That way you protect nakamura/joe and asuka/bailey. It's not that hard.

A lot of people on social media last night were talking about it being dumb that nobody came out on stage when they were drafted.

It's because they didn't want Roman to be the only one who couldn't come out.

So another thing to blame Roman for. :P

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Per Alvarez - there was an ever changing list of the names that were going to get drafted from NXT that kept getting changed

And at one point - they planned on only calling up Jason Jordan and leaving Gable in NXT

I know we all use the hyperbolic "done with this company" a lot. But if they really brought up Jordan without Gable, I might have actually been done. That would have been the craziest of crazy shit.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Well even then you could find kayfabe reasons for all the NXT slights (Regal presenting a can't draft list or guys working the Takeover show not eligible) but when they spend the whole night babbling about Shane leaning on Bryan's familiarity with wrestlers for their picks and then they didn't take Cesaro

But they didn't give us any of that.  I mean, obviously, the title holders and their (seemingly) next challengers weren't called up but how about specifically stating that?  The pre-show on the Network made a point to talk about Joe, Bayley, the Revival and Nakamura.  Just as bad as when Shane mumbled his way thru the brand split guidelines a few weeks ago with New Day.

By the way, the reaction of Reigns to being drafted was intense hate.  Maybe it is canned heat like I have heard they done before but man if he gets that reaction for just announcing his name in a draft, imagine the crowd at the PPV when the chances of winning the title is pretty damn strong.

Jordan's going to be main eventing a bunch of PPVs as a solo wrestler at some point of his career. He has it in every way possible. I love AA as much as I do a childhood pet but Jordan legitimately has everything you could want in a wrestler in one package. I think he might end up as the biggest thing to come out of NXT when we look back at this 10 years from now.