DVDVR Message Board

Is It Chilly In Here? I Feel a DRAFT - Smackdown - 7/19/2016

Dolfan in NYC

3 minutes ago, piranesi said:

It's got fucking John Cena and Randy Orton.

I'm not arguing in favor of the sports entertainment value these two will bring to Smackdown, but rather arguing against "ah see I knew it Smackdown is the B show again!!1!"

• Like 1

1 minute ago, El Dragon said:

Huh, did Breeze main one? He's the only guy on Smackdown I can think of who might have. 

Wait... Neville/Breeze/Kidd/Zayn 4-Way, right?

Bayley vs. Sasha mained.  I also thought of Breeze afterwards.  I guess Kidd as well.

They certainly won't treat Cena as a second-rate citizen. However, he's clearly moving further away from a full-time wrestling schedule.  Orton has been hinting at being part-time for a while and coupled with his injuries and expecting a new baby later this year, how much he'll be around is very much in question.

3 minutes ago, Rev Ray said:

Stephanie:  "I have the Mountain....."

...and an emotionally abusive father, a loudmouth runt of a  brother, an astounding lack of competence, and a tendency to blow up the ground beneath myself to spite my enemies.

Oh, and huge crowds of people sometimes yell "slut" at me.

• Like 10

Just now, Burgundy LaRue said:

Works for me.  If she wants to be Queen of WWE, Princess Stephanie has to make some adjustments.

I really need WWE to start booking themselves as a bootleg version of GoT.  Or vintage Dallas.

As opposed to booking themselves like an episode of "My Mother The Car".

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

Works for me.  If she wants to be Queen of WWE, Princess Stephanie has to make some adjustments.

I really need WWE to start booking themselves as a bootleg version of GoT.  Or vintage Dallas.

If they book like Dallas, can they do "Who shot Vince?", only really shoot Vince and get him out of the way?  

I couldn't care less at this point. I was hoping the draft would put a bunch of my favorites onto one show and that would be that, but no they spread them out. I'm going to watch my Styles segments and probably the Balor Club stuff and that's about it. I can't believe they killed Zayn/Owens for me already... yikes.

American Alpha getting put on a show with a bunch of boring tag teams is tragic. It makes too much damn sense to put all the women on one show and all the tag teams on the other. They killed practically every division instead of focusing on them.

• Like 1

My Sister paid for me and Dad to see WWE's return to the UK in November before the WWE Draft announcement.

I'm hoping for RAW with my favourite mid-carders (Cesaro, Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn and Rusev) plus my favourite woman wrestler (Sasha Banks). Shame AJ Styles and John Cena aren't there. I'd switch them with Roman Reigns and Alberto Del Rio.

Never seen John Cena, Sasha Banks and Rusev live.

By the way, Random fact, the current WWE Raw and Smackdown graphics on WWE.com :

Raw:  Becky, Owens, Cena, Bray, Alberto, Charlotte

Smackdown: New Day, Roman, Dean, Ziggler, Paige, Sasha

I actually think Breezango vs. Alpha could be fun.

The WWE Draft results reminded me about the following which I fired up to quote...

Ladies and Gentlemen, My name is Paul Heyman DVD:

"It's a tough gig. Smackdown is the bitch of WWE. I know this will never make air because which broadcaster is gonna want "Look, Look I'm not paying my rights fee for that show, the former lead writer called it a bitch" but it is the bitch. Which is why when I became the lead writer for Smackdown, my whole goal was to compete with RAW." Paul Heyman.

Paul saying what we know.

• Like 1

Commentary teams announced:

RAW: Cole, Graves and Saxton

Smackdown: Mauro, JBL and Otunga

We don't have to hear "Maggle!" anymore, so that's a good thing, but not getting Mauro and Graves on the same team is a huge miss.  Good riddance to Lawler, why'd they even bother bringing him back just to dump him two weeks later?