DVDVR Message Board

Is It Chilly In Here? I Feel a DRAFT - Smackdown - 7/19/2016

Dolfan in NYC

1 minute ago, Peck said:

So who actually is 6'3", 280 a 9-time Tag Champ and debuted in 1999? My brain is fried right now.

Sounds like a Dudley. Bubba?

35 minutes ago, S.K.o.S. said:

The icing on the cake with that Cesaro promo is the graphic saying his WWE debut was in 1999 and he's a 9-time tag champ.

It didn't specifically say WWE debut. Claudio had his first professional match in 2000, so you figure that he started training in '99. Between WWE, ROH, Chikara, and CZW; he's a 6 time tag champion. Throw in some Swiss indies w/ Ares and yes, he's a 9 time tag champion. 

1 minute ago, Matt D said:

Are we sure we can't do March Madness early?  Like tomorrow. We can put Ho Ho Lun in it.

With the way this draft went, can we wait a few weeks and call it September Sadness?

I've got Saez vs. The Dilapidated Boat in the semi finals.

• Like 6

45 minutes ago, Matt D said:

Ambrose was outdrawing Reigns on top for most of this year, right? I wonder if Orton wouldn't outdraw Reigns at this point (and I like Reigns)? Cena will be around at least part of the time. Babyfaces draw house show audiences. I'd be surprised if SD house shows don't consistently outdraw the Raw ones to be honest. 

Cena isn't working most of the house shows though.  I think that's the major problem with the SD! roster.  Cena/Orton are probably part time which is okay for AJ and Dean if they had a good group to work with but for whatever reason guys like Cesaro and Owens are on RAW where it's a pretty stacked roster... 

23 minutes ago, Peck said:

So who actually is 6'3", 280 a 9-time Tag Champ and debuted in 1999? My brain is fried right now.

Did they literally make up their own CAW?

Brock is 6'3" and 285 according to the UFC website.  One is not accurate.

I'm usually one of the first to be critical of present day WWE but all this hand-wringing over the draft is hilarious. I thought it went fine. I honestly don't see any major problems with how it played out and trust me, I was looking for something to complain about. 

And what's with the bitching about Smackdown? It's got fucking John Cena and Randy Orton. No show with those two (especially Big Match John) will ever be treated as second fiddle.

This is truly a "wait and see where this goes" situation if there ever was one.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Cena isn't working most of the house shows though.  I think that's the major problem with the SD! roster.  Cena/Orton are probably part time which is okay for AJ and Dean if they had a good group to work with but for whatever reason guys like Cesaro and Owens are on RAW where it's a pretty stacked roster... 

I'm sure he'll work some. Meanwhile, Ambrose outdrawing Reigns. 

That said, no, I don't know why Cesaro isn't on Smackdown. I could have used him and Henry over there and either Zayn or Owens, sure. And Hype Bros would work better on Raw, but in general, I'm ok with this. Let's see how it plays out for a few weeks first.

4 minutes ago, El Dragon said:

Random realization: Every single former NXT Champion is on Raw. Heck, every single wrestler to main event a Takeover that is on the main roster is on Raw.

Except one.... if you meant singles wrestlers.