DVDVR Message Board

Is It Chilly In Here? I Feel a DRAFT - Smackdown - 7/19/2016

Dolfan in NYC

2 minutes ago, The Comedian said:

You're probably overthinking it. I'm pretty sure Vince's thought process didn't extended much further than, "Smackdown is going live on USA what do we do to drum up interest wait I know we'll bring back the brand split!" and from there they just slapped some shit together...

As far as Bayley goes I know I was reading something earlier this year about how they're hesitant to bring her up because they realize her potential as a demographic crossover and such and they're terrified that they'll completely botch her, which is the most self-awareness I've ever heard of coming from WWE creative...

Pretty much what I have been saying about Bayley here for the past year.

I don't even hate Baron or Nia, but they went too high.   I think Alexa is getting better, but I don't think she's ready for the call up.  Why are you calling up Carmella and not putting her with Enzo and Cass?

This whole draft has filled me with a rage like a swarm of bees. 

• Like 3

By the way, the point at which I discovered that nothing really has changed was when the young rookie Kane destroyed those over-the-hill wrestlers Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens with double-chokeslams, which is a thing that young rookie Kane has been doing since 1997. 

Followed by Lawler shitting on the Zayn draft pick because he just got beat up by Kane.

By the way, in the Ninth Circle of Hell, as Satan chews on your body for all eternity, my guess is that the event will be color commentated by Jerry Lawler. Oh, and Stephanie McMahon shows up every once in awhile and cuts a droning promo against you where she tries to be funny and snarky, but misses the mark completely. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Raziel403 said:

Hey, where were all the people that have been begging for the Brand Split v 2 and how awesome this was gonna be?

Don't worry. I'm sure Greggulator will be here to tell us to just wait and see where this goes.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Smelly McUgly said:

By the way, the point at which I discovered that nothing really has changed was when the young rookie Kane destroyed those over-the-hill wrestlers Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens with double-chokeslams, which is a thing that young rookie Kane has been doing since 1997. 

Followed by Lawler shitting on the Zayn draft pick because he just got beat up by Kane.

By the way, in the Ninth Circle of Hell, as Satan chews on your body for all eternity, my guess is that the event will be color commentated by Jerry Lawler. Oh, and Stephanie McMahon shows up every once in awhile and cuts a droning promo against you where she tries to be funny and snarky, but misses the mark completely. 

I eagerly await the first 15 minute Steph segment to kick of RAW with backstage shots at the Women and Cruisers who watch as their match time gets cut with every passing second.

Yeah the Kane/Owens/Zayn segment reminded me why I hardly ever watch the main roster. Then Sasha gets pinned for what I believe is the first time in her main roster career, and they don't even make a big deal about it. Such great booking.

The thing that really gets me about the NXT thing isn't that it wasn't Bayley, Nak, or Joe. You can take your time with them and not have it be "overshadowed" by Finn. I'm cool with that.

It's just that if you are going to call up fucking Mojo and Carmella, why not give Dillinger a shout instead? Dude has made a gimmick work, is a good hand, it would be a nice thank you for a guy whose kicked around with the company for a decade. 

2 minutes ago, Big Fresh said:

I still don't think Smackdown is in that bad of shape, roster-wise. Creative team, sure, but nothing that happened tonight was gonna change that.

I agree with Big Fresh.

Wait, what the hell is Big Fresh even doing here? Did he get resigned to DVDVR with Jimmy Wang Yang or something? Fucking Hype Bro.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, S.K.o.S. said:

The icing on the cake with that Cesaro promo is the graphic saying his WWE debut was in 1999 and he's a 9-time tag champ.

They confused him with Crash Holly maybe?  Vince probably has their files in the same drawer.

Just now, Matt D said:

I agree with Big Fresh.

Wait, what the hell is Big Fresh even doing here? Did he get resigned to DVDVR with Jimmy Wang Yang or something? Fucking Hype Bro.

I take some time off when the cynicism around here gets under my skin too much, but I'm always lurking. Like a real creep.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, S.K.o.S. said:

The icing on the cake with that Cesaro promo is the graphic saying his WWE debut was in 1999 and he's a 9-time tag champ.

So who actually is 6'3", 280 a 9-time Tag Champ and debuted in 1999? My brain is fried right now.

Did they literally make up their own CAW?

• Like 2