DVDVR Message Board

Is It Chilly In Here? I Feel a DRAFT - Smackdown - 7/19/2016

Dolfan in NYC

This felt really rushed, as others said, from presentation to even just hyping the whole split rosters thing. Totally underwhelming. Everything still looks the same, matches are laid out the same, and as a bonus, Xavier Woods looks like a goof being the only dude on the whole roster who is actually scared of Bray Wyatt. In the words of Sir Charles, turrible, just turrible. 

EDIT: Yep, they spite split up Paige and ADR. I knew they wouldn't be able to resist!

1 minute ago, hammerva said:

Paige to RAW.   So the women's division on Smackdown is still set at 2

That is my whole point with respect to roster size.  If there are only 5 or 6 people how long does it take for a champ to run through the division?  What then?  How much time do you expect a division with a handful of people to get every week on TV?

I was all set to never watch Smackdown again, and then they decided to draft Becky and Natalya to what, stretch their feud out to The SummerSlam.  Unless SD's last pick is Asuka and the belt comes with her, I'm not thinking either of those ladies were given any favors tonight.

6 minutes ago, Raziel403 said:

Man, the supplmental picks are still shitty.

Paige to RAW will make her twitter interesting.

Oh man if you thought her ovaries were on fire last weekend (according to Twitter), imagine when Del Rio is on Smackdown

• Like 1

Just now, hammerva said:

Oh man if you thought her ovaries were on fire last weekend (according to Twitter), imagine when Del Rio is on Smackdown

When they do get together they will have to deal with the dynamic of her having a real job and him being on Smackdown.  Roleplay!

8 minutes ago, El Dragon said:

So, Vince using his usual bullshit to push apart Paige and Del Rio. How awesome of him.

I thought Del Rio was married?  I remember seeing tweets with his kids in Mexico before he resigned with the WWE.  There was talk of him missing AAA dates because of family stuff or maybe I am missing something.

Vince may have a good reason for this.

This has been so underwhelming but other than AJ, AA and Becky noone i care about went to SD so i can keep watching jusr Raw. but man did SD come off as second rate. And for all of Shanes talk about new guys and pushing young talent Raw is getting the best of the young guys. Shane is terrible at running a show

Back in my day, no one no sold a superplex. Even Hogan would lay down for a few seconds after getting one. All you did this week was make a once killer move look weaker than a DDT from anyone not named Arn Anderson or Jake Roberts.

#GetOffMyLawn

1 minute ago, Sublime said:

This has been so underwhelming but other than AJ, AA and Becky noone i care about went to SD so i can keep watching jusr Raw. but man did SD come off as second rate. And for all of Shanes talk about new guys and pushing young talent Raw is getting the best of the young guys. Shane is terrible at running a show

You really think this is Shane and not USA with the hand on the rosters?

LOL, I can just see Bryan and Shane mulling over their pick. "Hey, do we take the Lucha Dragons? Naaah, we're all about getting value, but fuck Sin Cara."

• Like 2