DVDVR Message Board

Is It Chilly In Here? I Feel a DRAFT - Smackdown - 7/19/2016

Dolfan in NYC

• RIPPA locked this topic

BTW - I will open the thread after Smackdown ends but there are still 30 more picks on the Network for a hour.

IE: the folks the fed hates

Including 3 people from NXT

• RIPPA unlocked this topic

So I turn on the t.v. this week and of course the big story is a sad parade of underwhelming grifters trotted out across a gaudy stage to the tepid response of a group of drowsy and annoyed loyalists at a phony infomercial all in the service of an incompetent billionaire sociopath.

BUT ENOUGH ABOUT THE WWE DRAFT!!!!  YYYYYYEAAAAHHHH!!!

• Like 11

One of the all time great posts on this board was during one of the drafts a few years ago when someone (I can't remember who) wrote "I expected Smackdown to get raped, but I didn't expect it to get AIDS". 

I thought about that line a lot tonight. On the bright side, as someone who watches Raw and probably won't always watch Smackdown, pretty psyched I don't have to watch Ambrose or Ziggler for at least a few weeks until they panic after Summerslam. 

• Like 1

The entire presentation was pretty sloppy. Just calling out names after names. Not enough time to digest any of the picks. It looks like SD! is still clearly the B-show. They have a couple nice picks but most of the best in-ring talents are all on RAW and the acts (New Day, Enzo/Cass) are on RAW, the women are on RAW and the cruisers are on RAW. 

• Like 1

If you are a Cesaro fan, forget it. He isn't rising to the top of that roster.  RAW is loaded. 

If you are a Becky fan, I don't know what to tell you.  I'm not sure why she's on SD! it's not yet been explained if there will be another title.

Roman taking the WWE title back at Battleground.

• Like 1

My question is how will the titles work?  Raw has a CW, Women's, Tag team, WWE and US Champ?  

You are looking at a lot of time to push the champions and as I mentioned in the other thread the women and CW's could easily get lost in the shuffle.  Especially if there are only 6 or 7 in each division.

Halfway through the show the Network show started shitting on the Smackdown draft picks

And then Booker T looked Cena in the eyes and told him his career was ruined

It was wild

• Like 2

I would hope that the Usos are going to Smackdown because as of now the only team American Alpha is facing is themselves in singles match. 

Never mind the goofiness of the draft.  I mean seriously Jericho beating Cesaro and Kane destroying BOTH Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn.  Fuck that.

EDIT:  Okay at least American Alpha has one opponent because the Usos did get sent to Smackdown

I would say the WWE owes me a two-hour life refund, but I'd have spent the time playing video games anyway.

That was ... underwhelming.

Raw picks (someone I kinda vaguely care about)

Smackdown picks (someone I couldn't care less about)

Maybe Corbin and Ziggler can relive their Feud of the Year o'er on Smackdown. Their house shows (with no Cena) are gonna draw about a tree-fiddy. Poor Smackdown.

They really should have just put the women on Smackdown. I should watch the rest of this on the Network just to see if they split up Paige and ADR out of spite. 

6 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Also, the cruiserweight division on RAW but Mauro, who would be the best to call the action, is the play-by-play guy on SD!.  I don't want to say this is a disaster yet but it's not looking good.... 

I'll say it. It's going to be a fucking disaster. This could have been planned out well in advance with a lot of thought gone into it, but that's not the WWE way. 

• Like 4