DVDVR Message Board

RAW is Vacant?

Niners Fan in CT

29 minutes ago, MonteCarl said:

What if they make the Triple Threat on Sunday for both the RAW and SD titles like the WM 17 triple threat with Angle, Benoit, and Jericho? First pinfall is the new RAW champ, 2nd pinfall is the new SD champ?

Involves more of watching Reigns and Ambrose wrestle, so I'd probably be out.

I've got no interest in the draft whatsoever.  I agree (with USA Network) that they need to shake things up, but I'm pessimistic this works out well.  I feel like the most likely outcome is that they'll make a token effort to promote Smackdown as the Co-A show, then go back to lumping the guys they really want to push on Raw, and tossing the experiments to Smackdown - then drafting Smackdown guys back to Raw if they happen to get over.  Oh, and since they need bodies to fill both shows and two touring brands, they'll rips the guts out of NXT TV then not do much with the NXT call-ups.

BTW, is the Divas Revolution over? 'Cause it sure seems like it.

I still am laughing at that the whole concept of the match for Battleground was SASHA HAS NO FRIENDS THUS WILL HAVE NO PARTNER!!!! yet here she is teaming with Becky Lynch just fine

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Zheroen said:

I will say that at least there actually seems to be a couple of simultaneous feuds going on, whereas it used to be "feud for the title" and then "everyone else in multi-diva tags".  But so much momentum has been lost since Wrestlemania, that cannot be denied.

I'm digging that we're seeing focus on more women than just the champion and challenger but I do agree that the division's momentum has slowed. I wonder how much of that is related to the string of injuries (Emma, Naomi, Tamina, Nikki). 

I was hoping for Raw to have mostly people I didn't care for then they announce the cruiserweight division for Raw. I felt bad for the women they're never going to get over in two minutes segments with shitty booking.

2 hours ago, muhammedboehm said:

With Shane and DBryan looking at her all confused but just shrugging and going on with there day

If Shane is supposedly leaving soon, or taking a long break, or whatever, then I could see a situation where USA still wants a McMahon on SD. Steph is the obvious choice. 

I'm also bummed that the CW division is going to be on Raw. That's just me hoping that SD would be the workrate show. Raw does have 3 hours to fill though, so maybe this winds up as a positive. 

12 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I'm also bummed that the CW division is going to be on Raw. That's just me hoping that SD would be the workrate show. Raw does have 3 hours to fill though, so maybe this winds up as a positive. 

Maybe both can be the workrate shows! It's not like there are even a bunch of the guys on the roster who aren't workrate-y. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Shane was the one who kept losing his place. Mick was there but god forbid anyone outshine Steph.

It is always interesting that everyone else has to do the my turn/your turn interview style except Steph.

Well not really interesting and not surprising.

Stephanie interrupting everyone is just terrible.  But to be fair, she did have to feed Mick his lines more than once in that opening promo. 

She's the child of a billionaire who has systematically taught her over decades to relentlessly micro-manage her product to the point where a tantrum can and should be thrown whenever she feels something hasn't gone exactly as planned?

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I reckon Smackdown's upper card will be heavy on the workrate guys so Raw needed something to balance it out. Also, maybe that means the Women's Division will be SD only which works for me.

I actively hate Stephanie McMahon.  Everything she does, everything she says, how she says everything, how she walks to the ring, how she stands in it.  She's no actor, so I'm almost 100% convinced based on her body language alone that she is a most loathsome person.  I imagine that HHH has had several more-than-passing fantasies of killing her in her sleep (or at least farting in her mouth) after some argument over the toilet paper roll or dishes piling up or some shit.

It's not at "I hope she dies in a mass shooting" levels, but I'm at a point where I'd settle for at least "nicked".

• Like 5

57 minutes ago, nate said:

I actively hate Stephanie McMahon.  Everything she does, everything she says, how she says everything, how she walks to the ring, how she stands in it.  She's no actor, so I'm almost 100% convinced based on her body language alone that she is a most loathsome person.  I imagine that HHH has had several more-than-passing fantasies of killing her in her sleep (or at least farting in her mouth) after some argument over the toilet paper roll or dishes piling up or some shit.

It's not at "I hope she dies in a mass shooting" levels, but I'm at a point where I'd settle for at least "nicked".

Thanks. Now I'm stuck with the visual of HHH trying to fart in Stephs mouth. It's gonna be a long afternoon. 

I love the anti-Steph vitriol. Shows her character is working. She was really terrible years ago, especially when she was a face. But she has been really great since The Authority returned. They certainly had too much on-screen time, but she has generally been great. The only time I had any interest in anything with Brie Bella was in that angle. 

I also really like the whole "I am a woman and had to work twice as hard!" material. That really strikes a nerve with the current state of things -- look at the whole Ghostbusters issue. It gives her character a really good reason for being this way. To us, she's a petulant and spoiled brat. But in her view of things, she has to be that way because she is a woman running a very masculine industry, and she sorta has a point. The best heels always have a justification, and she has that right now.

None of us know what she is like off-screen. So let's not act like we can tell.

• Like 6

I LOVED that 12 man tag.  I have no idea why WWE doesn't do lengthy 6 man/8 man/20 man tags every couple weeks, often as main events because they do them so well.  The Strowman/Cass showdown was terrific and they learned their lesson from a few months back when they had the big Strowman/Rhyno ( I think it was Rhyno) staredown then actually never had them lock up.

Opening segment was good.

Main event wasn't so good but that's because everyone pretty much new there was going to be a screwy finish so the crowd never really got into it.

Oddly, I've never been this excited for WWE in a long time.  I think the draft should open up some opportunities for more guys and that's pretty exciting.  I'm curious if all the Shane/Bryan talk about changing things up will actually give Smackdown a different feel/presentation or not.

• Like 1