DVDVR Message Board

RAW is Vacant?

Niners Fan in CT

4 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Looks like they're heading that way. But damn I'm tired of double pins.

Dont watch Fridays Leyanda de Plata match, where the double pin included a man pinning someone on his own team. :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Holy shit, I marked out more for the GM announcements than I did for any match on the card...

It was all downhill after that. 

Cena with New Day and Enzo & Cass reminds me of the dad that tries to impress his son's friends and make them think he's cool, but just comes off as terribly square. 

I don't have a problem with the double pin leading to double champions AS LONG AS Roman Reigns isn't winning both of them this Sunday.  Which I full expect 

So apparently they announced the match a draw to the crowd and that Ambrose is still the champion.  

2 minutes ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

Yeah - they announced on the Network that both mens shoulders were down therefore it was a draw and Dean is still champion.

It would have been nice if they said "head over to WWE Network!"   I received the text message right as Dean was holding the belt and then it faded to black. Just terrible.

• Like 1

If Mick Foley came to my house looking like he looks on TV, and I didn't recognize him, I'd lock the doors and maybe call the police.

Actually, that's a little unfair.  I'd probably lock the doors even if I did recognize him.

• Like 5

The 12 man and the title match were both fantastic. Bryan's reaction was as well.

Great crowd, they were into everything from the New Day/Cena/Club/Enzo promos and they even knew to be ice cold silent during Ziggler's hot tag

I hope Mick does mostly pre-tapes, because he could not keep his shit together on live TV. Stephanie had to twice remind him what to say.

Is it telling that both general managers are men who retired due to brain damage?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ChrisM said:

Really enjoyed most of Raw. The 12 man tag was all kinds of fun, I don't care what anyone says. 

"I liked this WWE show, it was pretty good, let's see where this goes.  Also, I'm not a neckbeard." - every post you've ever made.

So glad the New Day came out during that "Cena doesn't understand why Enzo/Cass say 'how you doin?'" bit and just ended it before they ran that into the ground any further.

• Like 1

What's the old saying, you can rehash a storyline every 7 years and act like it's fresh?

I ask because if the match is a draw, Ambrose retains. But Stephanie will give Reigns a new belt and say he's the real World Champ. Handing a guy with a Pedigree as a finisher a title out of thin air, or having a "here's a title just for you" scene with Mick Foley involved, isn't exactly new.

• Like 1

The Cena/New Day/Enzo & Cass/Club segment was not particular good, but I enjoyed the 12-man tag it led to. Dean/Seth took a bit to get going, but was good when it did. The GM stuff with Foley & Bryan was nice enough. Raw is still too long in general, and I worry about this split though I'm looking forward to cruiserweights being a thing again.

13 minutes ago, Zheroen said:

"I liked this WWE show, it was pretty good, let's see where this goes.  Also, I'm not a neckbeard." - every post you've ever made.

Yes, how dare I enjoy things. Also, I say whatever I want, and you can do nothing about it.....neckbeard. 

4 minutes ago, ChrisM said:

Yes, how dare I enjoy things. Also, I say whatever I want, and you can do nothing about it.....neckbeard. 

2edgy4me

Although I suppose you do fill a major void here, as the one thing this board is lacking is someone who posts one liners that are blindly-supportive of any given WWE show.  We definitely need more discourse akin to a 13-year-old boy retweeting Twitter posts from John Cena or YouTube-level comments.

That main event was just OK.  The finish was weak.  Kudos to the guys for pulling it off in terms of technique, but it fell felt in terms of emotion.  They announce it as a draw off TV.  Not to mention Steph spent weeks ignoring Rollins, saying their relationship wasn't the same, but now she's all about supporting him?  I know she finds Ambrose repulsive, but it was still over the top.

A whole bunch of WHATEVER all the way around with that. Let Roman come out on Sunday and kick both these dudes' shit in.

The women's division is somehow less significant than it was a year ago.