DVDVR Message Board

Random music thoughts

Randy

On 3/11/2018 at 3:14 PM, sabremike said:

That's pretty much as bad as that fake bullshit "Dead Kennedys" reunion without Jello (and yes, I'm very aware Jello would never do a reunion tour on principle alone. Whatever, it was still bullshit).

It may be bullshit but they're touring again and I might be going just to see TSOL. Hey, at least I ain't going to see Kid Rock (somebody had to say it!)

In worse news, here we go again with the Grim Reaper shit

http://theventures.com/rip-nokie-edwards-may-9-1935-march-12-2018/

16 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

It may be bullshit but they're touring again and I might be going just to see TSOL. Hey, at least I ain't going to see Kid Rock (somebody had to say it!)

In worse news, here we go again with the Grim Reaper shit

http://theventures.com/rip-nokie-edwards-may-9-1935-march-12-2018/

Kid Rock is like a billion times better than the fake Dead Kennedys. Also: The Meatmen>TSOL (and yes, that's a reference to a classic Meatmen song)

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if anyone here is into Cave In, but bassist Caleb Scofield died yesterday in a terrible auto wreck here in NH. Dudes were one of my favorites from high school onward, their heavy shit or their spacey shit. Massively bummed out. 

• Sad 2

Saw Dashboard last night and it was amazing. They basically did all the songs I really wanted to hear and the new stuff was really good as well. There was an opening act called Beach Slang from Philly who were absolutely incredible. Their front man was so great and entertaining, I'd gladly see them play a headline gig.

4 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

That's like Sharon and the kids getting him to stop drinking before he drops dead. Or before he drops dead from drinking too -- the shit just ain't gonna happen.

No More Tours Part One was in 1992. I was eight years old then and I'm 34 now.

I saw Black Sabbath on the Last Supper farewell tour in 1999 and I also saw them in 2013. I skipped the 2016 retirement tour.

Afaik, Ozzy actually has stayed sober the last two or three years. 

He's old enough I can believe this might his last tour but I'm sure he'll do festivals and what not from time to time, solo or with Tony and Geezer.

Sharon said he was off the wagon again a year or two ago on The Talk, at least some time after the God Bless Ozzy Osbourne doc that his son did. I don't know if he's on again or not. Read a pretty interesting article from Dangerous Minds or someplace that said he was told by doctors that he had an abnormal tolerance to alcohol and any drug he put in his system, like on some superhuman shit. Pretty crazy. 

Sad that I'll probably never get to see Sabbath but if there's no Bill Ward and Sharon is involved, I'm out no matter what. She threw eggs at Maiden and also SHIT IN A BOX AND SENT IT TO TONY IOMMI. Fuck her. 

FWIW, I don't think Sharon can really shoulder the blame for Bill being out. Tony owns the name/IP/etc and they had a falling out with Bill over the Dio Heaven & Hell reunion as well.

And Bill was also out during the first stage of the Ozzy reunion in 96ish.

There are obviously some issues there, but I think they are at least as much between Tony and Bill as they are Ozzy/Sharon and Bill even if Ozzy ended up being the public face of it this time.