DVDVR Message Board

Random music thoughts

Randy

Not sure if there's any fans here, but Tool announced at their Birmingham, AL show tonight/last night that their new album would be out on August 30th.  And ToolArchive has the two new songs they're playing (so far) on the tour. I haven't listened yet, but I will in the next few days.

• Like 1

In an update to the continuing saga of Curt Buys A Lot Of Fucking Records, I spent about 60 bucks on these. International Hardcore FTW! 

Spoiler

Actually a comp LP with both of their records on it

Actually a comp LP with ALL of their shit on it

Only four minutes of music, but Brasil had a smokin hot scene back in the day. This is also a purchase because I bought what I thought was a discography disc of theirs and it turned out to be an EP of the same name with a literally photocopied cover -- no sleeve. For $20. Grrrrrrrr...

Only four songs but I'll be DAMNED if these aren't some of the best tracks from the era of good old fashioned British street punk. 

• Like 1

Hi.

My new album, Complicator, is out May 20th. It will be right here.

I have a thing to say about it in advance: this record is going to be LOUD. VERY LOUD. SPEAKER-RUININGLY LOUD. The first song on the record is designed to help you adjust your speakers to whatever level you think is comfortable. The single, Theme From "Complicator," is the second quietest song on the record next to the intro. PLEASE heed the warning and adjust your speakers.

The cover art:

a1434760883_10.jpg

Edited by Lamp, broken circa 1988

I hate to post this after that previous post. That's awesome dude. 

But.... isn't it amazing  that both songs from the Heavy Metal movie soundtrack called "Heavy Metal" are both fucking awesome? Hagar/ Felder for the win.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/14/2019 at 7:51 PM, Lamp, broken circa 1988 said:

Hi.

My new album, Complicator, is out May 20th. It will be right here.

I have a thing to say about it in advance: this record is going to be LOUD. VERY LOUD. SPEAKER-RUININGLY LOUD. The first song on the record is designed to help you adjust your speakers to whatever level you think is comfortable. The single, Theme From "Complicator," is the second quietest song on the record next to the intro. PLEASE heed the warning and adjust your speakers.

The cover art:

Reveal hidden contents

a1434760883_10.jpg

Bumping this because

1) all of my friends that have heard it think it's amazing

2) It's the first album I've ever put out that I didn't hate the second I was done working on it. Granted, that's 1 out of 7, but, that's 1! On the board!

3) i genuinely think i have made one of the best rock albums that'll come out this year, and want to put it up on the pedestal I think it deserves.

EDIT: and 4) it's my birthday today (the 27th) so buy it cuz that too.

Edited by Lamp, broken circa 1988

1959, Sisters of Mercy. 1969, Iggy and the Stooges. 1979, Smashing Pumpkins. 1999, Prince and the Revolution. 

The cycle is not complete. The world needs a song called 1989. And possibly a 2009 and 2019 song as well.

On 6/1/2019 at 8:12 AM, AxB said:

1959, Sisters of Mercy. 1969, Iggy and the Stooges. 1979, Smashing Pumpkins. 1999, Prince and the Revolution. 

The cycle is not complete. The world needs a song called 1989. And possibly a 2009 and 2019 song as well.

Jones Brothers apparently have a parody song called Year 2019 that makes fun of one of the previous songs. But I'm not listening to that. Mac Miller & Portugal The Man are aces, though.

I don't know if a bigger disparity exists in Major League Baseball between how bad a player is as a hitter and how awesome his walkup music is.. but this is one of Billy Hamilton's 3 walkup songs. So despite Billy Hamilton never really being good at hitting, this is a real good song. A lot different from most MLB walkup music

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/12/2019 at 10:04 AM, EdA said:

This is pretty important and horrible.  The Universal Studios fire in 2008 may have destroyed a ton of important original music and movie masters.

How it took 11 years to find out is troubling.  And if the accusations are true one would think Universal is going to be sued into oblivion.

Heard the first Weezer album was among the ones destroyed. Say It Ain't So.