DVDVR Message Board

Random music thoughts

Randy

@Lamp, broken circa 1988

Pusha’s new album is called Daytona, coming out May 25th like expected. 7 tracks, with two songs featuring Rick Ross and Kanye, respectively. New merch posted, with vinyl and CD presales on his online store, and there’s a song on his IG live story that I’m sure has been ripped and posted online somewhere by now.

On 5/20/2018 at 10:07 PM, Brian Fowler said:

Janet Jackson just fucking destroyed it at the Billboard Music Awards. Apparently she's finally done being punished for having her shirt ripped open.

Her brother could do a Super Bowl performance where he furiously masturbated during most of it and that was fine, but she exposed a breast and her career was destroyed. Yeah, that makes perfect sense...

1 minute ago, sabremike said:

Her brother could do a Super Bowl performance where he furiously masturbated during most of it and that was fine, but she exposed a breast and her career was destroyed. Yeah, that makes perfect sense...

Preaching to the choir sir

• Like 1

I just paid $23 to see FUCKING SLAYER next Saturday. Oh and did I mention the opening acts are Napalm Death, Testament and Lamb of God???  I will be in the parking lot disembowling a goat and drawing a pentagram in the ground with it's freshly spilled blood.

• Like 2

I was at Lamb of God’s set at Bonnaroo 2016, but it got delayed for an hour due to rain. So I left and waited to see the Claypool Lennon Delirium instead.

Best choice ever.

I’ve read the lyrics (but haven’t heard) to the new Drake diss by Pusha. Dude straight up murks him. Which is funny, since he said it’s all in good fun on Hot 97 like last week, but now he’s going straight for the jugular and airing Drake’s dirty laundry (even though it was already out there to begin with).

new Kanye this Friday should be pretty fun. I’m hoping for an album like the song “Facts” off Pablo, but I know it’s gonna be some sample heavy shit probably. Either way.... I’m pumped. GOOD Music owns Summer 2018.

40 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Drake mentioned Pusha's fiance in his track so at that point gloves off..  

The only problem I have with any of it is Pusha making light of the fact that 40 has MS. But that’s only because my mother had MS, and I know how bad that disease can get. But, I mean, Drake did go after Kid Cudi and his mental health issues, so fair game I guess.

5 hours ago, Lamp, broken circa 1988 said:

Excuse me because I am old, but I am desperately trying to think of any context in which this asswipe comes to the conclusion that this sort of behavior is in any way, shape, or form okay. This person (if that's the word I'm groping for) is clearly an idiot in the classic psychological use of the term, that is to say, a person whose IQ does not rise above 25. Such a person needs to be supervised closely at all times as they are fond of such activities as playing with and/or eating their own feces or booking wrestling programming for TNA. These activities not being at all as dis-similar as one might initially think; however the former is likely at worst to annoy a handful of people; whereas the latter may irritate a great many people.

I'm not sure who you're mad at so I'm gonna assume Drake

As someone who knows multiple people who have tried to "make it" in the entertainment industry, the through line to me seems to be that people use the Cult of Positivity thing to get people to agree to some deeply heinous shit almost as if to see if they're willing to get dirt on them to make it. Well, sometimes you go extremely too far and get into situations like Drake just has, pissing off an actual MC with the time and resources to find your checkered past and the lyricism to make everyone understand it.

unless you're mad at pusha t for finding the picture in which case idk dude

The photographer said on Instagram that the blackface stuff was Drake’s idea too.

Lupe Fiasco has interjected himself into this discussion (because everyone was waiting breathlessly for his input) and is defending Drake, saying it’s a piece of art because the other photo is a sad Drake in blackface or something.

It just doesn't make sense on any level.  At best it's ignorance beyond words.  Of course there's also the deadbeat father angle to all this.  So Drake was going to finally claim his child but only because he was going to roll out the kid with his new Adidas line?    Classy stuff. I don't expect much more out of the entertainment industry but pretty shitty all around.  

3 hours ago, Lamp, broken circa 1988 said:

I'm not sure who you're mad at so I'm gonna assume Drake

As someone who knows multiple people who have tried to "make it" in the entertainment industry, the through line to me seems to be that people use the Cult of Positivity thing to get people to agree to some deeply heinous shit almost as if to see if they're willing to get dirt on them to make it. Well, sometimes you go extremely too far and get into situations like Drake just has, pissing off an actual MC with the time and resources to find your checkered past and the lyricism to make everyone understand it.

unless you're mad at pusha t for finding the picture in which case idk dude

Your assumption is correct. I have little to no use for people that try to justify appearing in blackface.