DVDVR Message Board

Random music thoughts

Randy

2 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

George Young, producer and bass player for AC/DC (brother to Angus and Malcolm) and guitarist/songwriter for the Easybeats, has also passed away at 70. https://consequenceofsound.net/2017/10/r-i-p-george-young-acdc-producer-has-died-at-70/

If you don't know who he is from THAT, he also wrote "Love Is in the Air" of all things

I had been meaning to post this, but I'm glad you did.

Don't forget Flash and the Pan.

The Misfits cover band I'm in, Teenage Martians, just celebrated our decade of performance tonight and it went off like gangbusters. With only four practices total, some missing members, some being cut short (like one where I was sick and ended up yacking in a trash can after five songs), we hit a fucking strike. In that spirit, I hope you all have a happy Halloween. Much love. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Original Faith No More singer Chuck Mosley has died at 57. Dude's been touring solo a lot lately and several of my close friends have booked and played with the dude and had nothing but great words to say. Super fucking bummer.

2 hours ago, christopher.annino said:

Original Faith No More singer Chuck Mosley has died at 57. Dude's been touring solo a lot lately and several of my close friends have booked and played with the dude and had nothing but great words to say. Super fucking bummer.

I've been at work all day, so I'm just reading this now. This really sucks. Someone has to post this, so it might as well be me. 

• Like 2

so back to Colin Stetson and how he gets that sound - a combination of circular breathing which allows for continuous sax playing - and his throat/larynx is mic'd and he is singing, of a fashion, through effects. on the records he even contact mic's the keys so you get the percussive element amplified.

fav LP of the year

:

100.3 The Sound is closing down here in LA and one of the last days they had a vinyl albums sides day, which the lady and I basically ended up just sitting around in PJs and listening to all day long.  Fast forward a couple days we're driving home from work and I drop "We should get a record player as a joint Christmas present - I've been looking at..." which which I got the "God I hate you, you ruin everything" look before quickly being informed I should stop looking and will be getting one for my birthday.

Anyways - I've promised myself I'm not going to go spending waaaaay too much on Ebay route and instead will probably just stop at every yard sale/thrift shop/goodwill I ever see to build up a respectable collection.  Which will eventually lead to frustration at not finding stuff and spend way too much on Ebay.  Good times I'm looking forward to.