DVDVR Message Board

Random music thoughts

Randy

• 2 weeks later...

supremebve will be tickled by this one. I ordered Atomizer by Big Black from Amazon and instead got a copy of Free Your Mind and Your Ass Will Follow by Funkadelic. This right after I listened to "Cosmic Slop" in the other thread and thought to myself "why don't I have any P-Funk on vinyl?" Hahaha... Anyway, I called customer service and the guy tried to send me a return sticker, I told him I wasn't returning shit and I knew he didn't make other customers do that because I knew two in particular who got wrong orders that they were allowed to keep, specifically a copy of Meet the Beatles and a fucking Hellyeah record (which we laughed about a lot, thinking that some redneck probably got the Me First and the Gimme Gimmes she ordered instead that has a member wearing drag on the cover). Anybody else have this problem with Amazon regarding vinyl or just in general? 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

supremebve will be tickled by this one. I ordered Atomizer by Big Black from Amazon and instead got a copy of Free Your Mind and Your Ass Will Follow by Funkadelic. This right after I listened to "Cosmic Slop" in the other thread and thought to myself "why don't I have any P-Funk on vinyl?" Hahaha... Anyway, I called customer service and the guy tried to send me a return sticker, I told him I wasn't returning shit and I knew he didn't make other customers do that because I knew two in particular who got wrong orders that they were allowed to keep, specifically a copy of Meet the Beatles and a fucking Hellyeah record (which we laughed about a lot, thinking that some redneck probably got the Me First and the Gimme Gimmes she ordered instead that has a member wearing drag on the cover). Anybody else have this problem with Amazon regarding vinyl or just in general? 

I have a way more elaborate version of this. I tried to order Flying Lotus' "Cosmogramma" through Amazon. When it showed up, the cover was very plasticky and shimmery. When I put the record on, it was Very Much Not Flying Lotus. It was instead a record by some dude named Joseph Arthur. But it had the right stickers on it and everything. For reference, here is how Cosmogramma starts, and here is how the Joseph Arthur record starts.

I didn't return it, because that shit is hillarious. What an elaborately stupid scam.

• Like 1

Ugh. I've got Frankenchrist by Dead Kennedys coming too from them. If I end up getting a Perry Como LP inside a Frankenchrist jacket I'm going to reach through the phone and pull somebody's face off. 

At least Racer-X is coming and Amazon are just the middlemen

Also, in your situation BL, I'm sure the mistake was on the actual pressing plant. But still... if I get Perry Como...

21 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Ugh. I've got Frankenchrist by Dead Kennedys coming too from them. If I end up getting a Perry Como LP inside a Frankenchrist jacket I'm going to reach through the phone and pull somebody's face off. 

At least Racer-X is coming and Amazon are just the middlemen

Also, in your situation BL, I'm sure the mistake was on the actual pressing plant. But still... if I get Perry Como...

Just as long as it has the HR Gieger poster you're good.

My favorite local radio station got sold earlier this year. All the current DJs and shows will be gone at the end of the month. My fave DJ, Mary Peale, is doing her next to last show for the station right now. I audibly cheered when this one particular song came on a few minutes ago. Might just be the last time Lou Reed gets played on that frequency.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoytmVwcsB4

Oh yeah, totally. I sent a photo of the cover to my buddy with the text "best mistake Amazon ever made". And the Wiki actually says it was their attempt to write an entire album on LSD so hey. The only other album I can think of like that that came out good was Monster Magnet's Spine of God. 

Atomizer should be at the post office today, wish me luck

UPDATE: I didn't get Perry Como, but I got some band called the Milkshakes covering '50s and '60s hits. Their label is Big Beat. I order Big Black, I get a big and black album, then I get an album from Big Beat. 

Somebody's face is coming with me. 

EDIT: Well, I didn't curse at least. When the offer of a return came (again) I said what I wrote above and that probably wasn't in my favor but I had to vent. 

Also, because I couldn't find it on their website to save my life, Amazon's number is 1-888-280-4331 if you have to get with them. I wouldn't even slightly consider dealing with them via their website at this point. 

• Like 2

UPDATE: Well, they got it right on the third try. I guess my raving on the line last time hit a nerve. So, Atomizer is now in my possession, along with my tax return so it's been a good mail day. Used that as an excuse to order this (from somewhere else, of course!*) and complete my Big Black vinyl collection, matter of fact: 

I also passed the Milkshakes record off to my friend who is a huge '50s rock, soul, and doo-wop fan so it went to a good home. Win-win for us, lose-lose for the megacorp that beats their workers like dogs. 

* That being Sorry State Records out of North Carolina. A bit pricey but excellent service and they have tons of punk and metal along with all kinds of other stuff, especially reissues (they just got a bunch of Can and Amon Duul in) if you're needing something. Worth a look http://www.sorrystaterecords.com 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/19/2017 at 7:51 PM, zev said:

My favorite local radio station got sold earlier this year. All the current DJs and shows will be gone at the end of the month. My fave DJ, Mary Peale, is doing her next to last show for the station right now. I audibly cheered when this one particular song came on a few minutes ago. Might just be the last time Lou Reed gets played on that frequency.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoytmVwcsB4

You must live in Cincinnati too.  Yeah I'm going to miss WNKU.

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, sabremike said:

Going to see Bon Jovi at MSG tonight thanks to a $40 ticket from SeatGeek. I'm on the train, right now I'm half way there!!! ;-)

My extreme sympathies

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

My extreme sympathies

Do you happen to be Sebatian Bach posting under an assumed name? As for the show it was OK. 24 songs and only 6 off Slippery When Wet and New Jersey combined = letdown. They did play the biggest hits though.

12 minutes ago, sabremike said:

Do you happen to be Sebatian Bach posting under an assumed name? As for the show it was OK. 24 songs and only 6 off Slippery When Wet and New Jersey combined = letdown. They did play the biggest hits though.

Ha. No but dear God do i fucking hate Bon Jovi.

(Not the man. By all accounts and all I know of him he's one of the best human beings to ever become a celebrity. Just that terrible fucking music.)