DVDVR Message Board

Random music thoughts

Randy

1 hour ago, Shartnado said:

Well, can't go wrong with Seraphim Shock, on Halloween. They (he, nowadays) have been called the ultimate Halloween band ( by whom exactly, I haven't a clue).

Thanks!  I do a yearly Halloween mix on iTunes, but my laptop is getting repaired and I don't have my usual stuff.  Hopefully I get it back before Halloween so I can do a proper one, but we'll see.  At least there's a new, um, Marilyn Manson? 

And this:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lawful Metal said:

Thanks!  I do a yearly Halloween mix on iTunes, but my laptop is getting repaired and I don't have my usual stuff.  Hopefully I get it back before Halloween so I can do a proper one, but we'll see.  At least there's a new, um, Marilyn Manson? 

And this:

It doesn't show on my profile pic, but I'm actually wearing a Danzig tanktop, so this is right up my alley. If you've never checked out The Birthday Massacre, I warmly recommend them too, for Halloween, or for any time of the year, actually.

Two things: For everybody, do you have a themesong for your daily life? Something to get you pumped up for the day ahead?

And for the older folk, have you ever been into Italo Disco, because this shit is amazing if you are old enough to appreciate it! Well, I'm not a good judge of anything, but you should try it!

Edited by Shartnado
Grammar

I mentioned Italo Disco earlier and while I was filling up my 80's playlist, I came across this modern artist/band called Italove. The Album (it's actually called just that) was released in 2017, but it is very faithful 80's Italo Disco with even old school stars like Ken Lazslo featured on one track. This album is amazing and it warms my heart. Not only does it pick me up on a shitty day at work, but it also makes for a great workout soundtrack, as well as wonderful getting drunk music as well. It works on so many levels. Don't be ashamed, give it a go!

In anticipation of NIN being inducted into the Hall of Fame in a few weeks, I'm revisiting their iconic Woodstock 1994 set. Holy fuck. They have to be one of the better live bands that's ever done it, and yes I'm extremely bias.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Casey said:

In anticipation of NIN being inducted into the Hall of Fame in a few weeks, I'm revisiting their iconic Woodstock 1994 set. Holy fuck. They have to be one of the better live bands that's ever done it, and yes I'm extremely bias.

Tsk, tsk! "Iconic" and "Woodstock" are words reserved for Alvin Lee and Ten Years After. Sadly, my bro, JT isn't here any longer to back me up on this. 

Anyway, Happy Halloween! If you're listening to anything but the Cramps today, you ain't doing it right...