DVDVR Message Board

Random Boxing Thoughts/News v.4.75 (HBO is Out of the Manny Pacquiao Business Edition)

Elsalvajeloco

The end to Guillermo Rigondeaux vs. Moises Flores is one of the strangest things I've ever seen in boxing. Plus, the review of the finish lasted 3x longer than the actual fight. Vic Drakulich determined it was a KO, then it went to a DQ, then it went to a No Decision/No Contest, and then back to a KO win for Rigondeaux.

• 2 weeks later...

Every once in awhile I wander in here as a casual fan of boxing. That fight right there reminded me both of why I like the sport and why I'll never ever ever pay for a fight.

Teddy Atlas is the greatest because of his blunt honesty and that he explains things so that a layman like me can understand things from a technical perspective. Not to mention he is one of the real good guys in an industry short on those. If you've never read his book go out of your way to do so.

There were Pac haters out there on other boxing message boards that said the first Tim Bradley fight decision was justified. Hard to find anyone on board with this one.  Im more impressed that the next Lomachenko and Terence Crawford fights will be on ESPN.  Even if they aren't the most competitive fights

That was embarrassing.

Weren't too many at the bar I watched it at thinking Pacq didn't win by 1 or 2, and that maybe Horn made up ground late in the last flurry. unbelievable that someone gave it 117-111.

Place went unglued when winner announced, but wow, dirty fight, shit reffing too. 

Shit judging and officiating is the norm now.  Refs are either too lenient or they let the fighters work them too much.  Ever since Salido worked over Lomachenko's protective cup for 12 rounds in their fight Loma works all these refs now and they call every borderline thing and he hardly needs that advantage.  Judges now really tend to favour the guy that comes forward and throws a lot of shots.  Regardless of if they land or not

8 hours ago, Serious Darius Bagfelt said:

There were Pac haters out there on other boxing message boards that said the first Tim Bradley fight decision was justified. Hard to find anyone on board with this one.  Im more impressed that the next Lomachenko and Terence Crawford fights will be on ESPN.  Even if they aren't the most competitive fights

He's an absolute homophobic piece of shit who dominated the fight

• Like 3