DVDVR Message Board

Random Boxing Thoughts/News v.4.75 (HBO is Out of the Manny Pacquiao Business Edition)

Elsalvajeloco

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, keith_h said:

I assume with all these Haymon fighters on Showtime that the PBC on free TV/non-premium cable experiment must be dead or nearly dead.

Apparently, they are suppose to have more cards on Spike, ESPN, FS1/Fox, Bounce, and NBC next year. Showtime usually announces their end of year/early next year slate around this time anyway. Just no fights announced yet for the other ones.

LegendChamp-2_1_ed63ns.jpg

The Legend/The Champ: Pacquiao vs. Vargas
November 5, 2016
Las Vegas, NV (Thomas & Mack Center)

WBO Welterweight Championship: Jessie Vargas © (146.5) vs. Manny Pacquiao (144.8) (first defense) - Pacquiao, DEC (unanimous)
WBO Featherweight Championship: Oscar Valdez © (125.25) vs. Hiroshige Osawa (125.25) (first defense) - Valdez, TKO (referee stoppage), R7 (1:50)
WBO Super Bantamweight Championship: Nonito Donaire © (121.75) vs. Jessie Magdaleno (121.25) (second defense) - Magdaleno, DEC (unanimous)
WBO Flyweight Championship: Zou Shiming (111) vs. Prasitsak Phaprom (111.5) (vacant) - Shiming, DEC (unanimous)

TopRank.TV Preliminary Card:
Robson Conceição (129.5) vs. Clay Burns (129) - Conceição, DEC (unanimous)
Alexander Besputin (149.75) vs. Azael Cosio (150) - Besputin, TKO (corner retirement), R6 (3:00)
Teofimo Lopez (133) vs. Ishwar Siqueiros (133.75) - Lopez, KO (straight right), R2 (2:03) 
Xu Que (125.25) vs. Fernando Fuentes (124.5) - Fuentes, DEC (unanimous) 

Attendance: 16,132
Buyrate:

• 1 month later...
22 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Hell of a fight between Dillian Whyte and Dereck Chisora.

One of the best Heavyweight matches in recent times. The press conference shenanigans appeared to be just that and we got a fairly clean fight which was way better than it had any right to be.

• Like 1

I suggest anyone who missed the Showtime Championship Boxing fights from this weekend check out Jermall Charlo vs. Julian Williams. One of the best uppercuts I've seen in boxing is in that fight.

Dempsey-Firpo was like how many decades ago? No one in boxing has figured out the probability of someone careening out of the ring is high and padding outside the ring would be the least you could do to aid someone from falling head and neck first.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not surprised that Golden Boy basically would be dead without Canelo.

Also, the little sympathy I had for Golden Boy as a promotion that may be hurt by Haymon is gone. Those emails illustrate how Golden Boy is an out-of-touch, disillusioned, and racist company. Al Haymon deceiving them is not too hard to believe.

• 2 weeks later...

Not a good week for ODLH. First, he gets a DUI arrest. Then, the lawsuit against Al Haymon gets dismissed and the judge shits all over GB's evidence presentation and the testimonies from their key "expert" witnesses.

I like that as Miguel Berchelt stops Francisco Vargas, who was suppose to be Golden Boy's new star fighter, on HBO that Richard Schaefer is on Showtime celebrating Leo Santa Cruz beating Carl Frampton in their second fight. I don't think any promotion save for going out of business has had a worse week than Golden Boy Promotions.

• 4 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Mr Harms said:

I don't see that happening. I really can't stand Bellew and hope he gets knocked into next week.

I don't either, honestly. Both boxers are divisive. We're the example of this  ; ).

2 minutes ago, The Natural said:

I don't either, honestly. Both boxers are divisive. We're the example of this  ; ).

Yeah I didn't realise until now. I know people find Haye very arrogant and cocky, but then I was a big Naz fan. 

• Like 1