DVDVR Message Board

Life Events Thread

Ryan

there's been four deaths in my family in under 12 months, and we might hit five soon. The latest was the uncle that built all the furniture that holds... my life, really. He was found today. What's most worrying is how numb I am to it all. Like, I did the shock thing the first two times, and now it's just... sure, okay. One more go. I wasn't doing anything.

On 23/12/2016 at 4:10 PM, Super Ape said:

My wife just threatened suicide to a mutual friend of ours. How delightful.

Apologies for not seeing this sooner, @Super Ape. My thoughts are with you both.

On 26/12/2016 at 0:53 AM, offspring515 said:

On December 14th my mother suffered a massive stroke.  The bleeding in her brain was extensive and occurred in some very important parts of the brain.  

That night at the hospital we were told it was a dire situation and it was unlikely that she would recover.  After a few more days of tests her doctors told us her best case scenario was most likely to remain comatose for months and if she ever awoke from that she would almost assuredly be in a permanent vegatative state.

My Mom had never talked to us about what she would want in a situation like that.  She was only 57 and we assumed we'd have a lot more years with her.

My sister and I felt end of life care was the right choice.  My Dad is a man of deep faith and he was holding out for a miracle.  Finally when it came to the point that he had to make a decision (before they had to start doing major surgeries on her) he agreed with us.

On this past Friday her life support was removed.  She passed quickly, within 45 minutes. She was also able to donate her kidneys, lungs and corneas to people in need of transplants.

I feel so drained.  It has been the most trying week and a half of my life.  Watching her go, trying to care for my handicapped father, planning a funeral with my sister, and trying to hold it together so my three year old (who doesn't understand why he can't see Geema) can enjoy Christmas.

I'm hoping that the funeral on Friday will bring us some peace of mind and serve as a fitting tribute to a wonderful woman.

I'm so sorry for your loss, @offspring515. Losing a parent sucks and when they're young, my Mum was only 53.  Thinking of you all. 

On 16/01/2017 at 1:21 AM, Raziel403 said:

Cancer can go and fuck right off.

That's something I'll never stop saying. Hope you're okay, @Raziel403.

7 hours ago, BL88 said:

there's been four deaths in my family in under 12 months, and we might hit five soon. The latest was the uncle that built all the furniture that holds... my life, really. He was found today. What's most worrying is how numb I am to it all. Like, I did the shock thing the first two times, and now it's just... sure, okay. One more go. I wasn't doing anything.

Jesus. Thoughts go out to you, @BL88.

• Like 1

So lemme tell you about the last couple days for my pastor:

Sunday night, woke up to the sound of his wife's car alarm going off.  Goes to the garage to see smoke billowing out of the car.  Ran back in the house, garage catches on fire, house burns down.  Gonna be 8-12 months before their house is rebuilt.

Yesterday, switched to a different hotel with a bit more room for his family.  Wakes up this morning to a leak & bulge in their room's ceiling from an apparent leak/flood above them.

Goes out at lunch today to get a coffee at one of our million drive-through places.  While sitting at the window, all the snow & ice from the place's roof (we've had roughly 2 feet of snow in recent weeks) falls right on the hood of his new truck, messing up the hood pretty good.

He's a roll-with-the-punches kind of guy with a great irreverent sense of humor but even this is a bit much for him :)

If I believed any deity personally intervened in a person's life, I'd say he was cursed by one with a dark sense of humor. Perhaps, Loki?

I've been going through bouts of depression, anger, quesiness and everything you can imagine the past couple days due to today's events.  The only thing that put a smile on my face is seeing the protests going around DC and the world.

I need to stop watching MSNBC.  The stories of Trump only filling 30 out of 690 open positions so far has has me anxious as fuck.  As does his appointment of robber barons and morons like Perry who don't even understand the job they're being given.

Overhead shots comparing the crowds today to those of four years ago are amazing.  Trump has maybe 1/4 the number of attendees Obama had, and that's being generous.  Though Cheeto Fuhrer will just lie and say it was the biggest crowd ever.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 3

I am bothered seeing Trump as president but these "all black dressed" protest piss me off.  They are involving who really don't give a shit who the president is and destroy property that they will never see again cause they don't live there.  Then all of the real peaceful protesters are going to be treated worse than these fuckers.  

• Like 1

About the same as the start of Cold War 2 starting up soon with China. Cold War 2: World War 3: Civil War 1.5: Nyarlathotep Reigns For A Thousand Years is bound to be a box office smash.

The images of Trump and his family sitting there, knowing that his son in law is going to be in charge of his foreign policy and his daughter will likely be serving as de facto chief of staff are chilling.

It's like watching any other "dear leader" sitting there next to his son who is in charge of the military and his son in law who is finance minister. My brain doesn't even quite know how to process it I so never thought I would see that image so brazenly presented in Washington D.C.

• Like 1

America First isn't patriotic, it goes even beyond nationalistic. It is the rallying cry of a despot to his subserviant homogenous underlings that he is at the top, citizens are not unique, do my bidding. Especially with how he essentially described the current state of the country like some dystopian hellscape where we are all going to die without him.

• Like 1

Replace Patrick Duffy with Rick Perry and "in the shower" with "sleeping through nuclear weapons arsenal maintenance class" and yes.  That's what we wake up to tomorrow.

But at least we're within about 60 hours of the total defeat and destruction of Isis across the entire globe, right Donald?

right?...

My biggest issue isn't the fact that Trump is.. to be nice I'll say unqualified for the position.  My biggest issue isn't even that the cabinet is comprised of undereducated yes men and women. My biggest issue isn't even that Trump's family is involved. 

My biggest issue is that the more sensible congress men and women within the Republican party are all rolling over and selling out this nation.  Anyone who thought they would stand up to this ridiculousness no way..  I don't see that happening.  It's a party in Washington.  Watching the coverage of the inauguration and the balls and bells and whistles that followed, did anyone else notice how white this country has become all of a sudden.  We are suddenly in Scandinavia except far less progressive.  Good times.

• Like 3

My biggest issue is that the man is obviously mad and even though liberals might beat the loudest drums about it, it's a secret to no one. There's something truly wrong with this person and everyone knows it. His cabinet nominees know it. Congress knows it. TV pundits know it. The people who tilted him the election know it. 

He's completely delusional and the scariest thing is now ridiculous things will happen to satisfy his delusions.

Since I expect him to show up because that is the kind of douche he is, I really hope to see Jessie Watters kicked in the nuts about a 100 times during the marches today in DC.  I mean if you thought seeing that white nationalist get suckered punch was great 

I honestly don't think he makes it all four years. Not wishing an assassination or anything, but if he really is as casual to his protection as it seems, I wouldn't rule it out. Or he resigns in disgrace after the Dems regain Congress in the midterms and start impeachment proceedings. Or Meliana pulls a Harding on him.(Possible poisoning by his wife after he cheated on her too much).. A heart attack or stroke is possible given his age as well. I'm not such an asshole to be routing for any of those scenerios, but I think any of them is more than possible. . . .

• Like 1

I proposed that he's exactly the type of person to resign citing that his business (and family, lol) need him, because that matters more than the country. And then he'll bitch about the people criticizing him for not prioritizing the needs of the country, or that his business is more important than the country. 

On 1/20/2017 at 1:19 PM, hammerva said:

I am bothered seeing Trump as president but these "all black dressed" protest piss me off.  They are involving who really don't give a shit who the president is and destroy property that they will never see again cause they don't live there.  Then all of the real peaceful protesters are going to be treated worse than these fuckers.  

Black blocs suck everywhere they show up.  They were the ones breaking shit and trying to start a riot at that protest in...was it Portland or Seattle? the day after the election. Stupid "anarchists" mostly.