DVDVR Message Board

The Wrestling Book Thread

One time on Action Zone or something Owen called him a "dirty stinky garbage man made out of dirty stinky garbage."

Shit, man. That got quoted so many times by me and my friends after that.

Owen was quite the wordsmith. And that's why I kicked your leg out of your leg.

Saw the Jericho book at Barnes yesterday, if I had more time I would've sat down and got through it in an hour tops. Probably do that later. Thanx for the stories anyway, Vince is a nut. I can picture him yelling "GET HIM FINLAY, GET HIM" then running straight into a rear naked choke and trying to use a chinbreaker to break the hold. Meanwhile Dean and Chris walk away shaking their heads. Finlay beats up everyone else before the fight is broken up.

I see Vince getting KOed seconds into the fight while the rest of them beat down everyone else, then Vince wakes up afterwards and tells anyone who will listen an increasingly hyperbolic tale of how he almost singlehandedly won the brawl.
I wouldn't mind WWE attempting their version of SNL's Bill Brasky guys sketch using Vince McMahon "facts".

I'm currently reading Ole Anderson's book. People can talk about CM Punk and ECW era Taz being real-life miserable jackasses in real life but Ole takes the cake. His book is really interesting b/c he definitely doesn't pull any punches and gives absolutely zero fucks what anyone thinks of him but he sounds like a complete jerk-off who only lived to fuck with other people.

I'm currently reading Ole Anderson's book. People can talk about CM Punk and ECW era Taz being real-life miserable jackasses in real life but Ole takes the cake. His book is really interesting b/c he definitely doesn't pull any punches and gives absolutely zero fucks what anyone thinks of him but he sounds like a complete jerk-off who only lived to fuck with other people.

People with MS suffer from extreme mood swings, and a whole host of other shit. I'm not going to make fun of the guy because the disease he has makes him that way (or, worse than he was before the diagnosis, anyway). Punk & Taz are just assholes because they can be - I think Ole's problems run a little deeper than that. His brain is wired a different way than the rest of us.

• Like 1

Man, the high point of Hugh Morris' career was the one liner from Christian. "I'll see Hugh later."

Edit: Ole's always been an asshole though. His book is a great read (that story about the old person stabbing him!) and one of the better Crowbar Press releases from the bunch I've read.

Multiple Sclerosis can go undiagnosed their entire life, and the person wouldn't even know they have it. Until they're wheelchair bound, anyway. It's a nasty little bitch of a disease. It more or less slowly eats away at your brain and motor functions.

People with MS suffer from extreme mood swings, and a whole host of other shit. I'm not going to make fun of the guy because the disease he has makes him that way (or, worse than he was before the diagnosis, anyway). Punk & Taz are just assholes because they can be - I think Ole's problems run a little deeper than that. His brain is wired a different way than the rest of us.

When was he diagnosed with MS? He wrote the book in 2002 or 03.

Ricky Morton said on the Austin podcast that, "I don't think Ole even likes ice cream". :lol:

• Like 2

Ricky Morton said on the Austin podcast that, "I don't think Ole even likes ice cream". :lol:

There's some interesting info in the book but it's definitely a chore to get through b/c he hates EVERYTHING. Reminds me of that Ugly Kid Joe song, "Everything About You" that starts off with the quote from an "It's Pat" sketch from SNL, "are you the guys on the beach that hate everything?! Is this some sort of hip music that I don't understand?"

51AddDyRGKL._SL500_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-

Wow, I really did not care for this one. It's not that there wasn't anything inherently wrong with it, it was just...boring. If you're looking for tips on how to be a good ref and/or work with the office it's a good read, if you're looking for dirt or entertaining stories from the road, shy away. He does make reference to a second book several times, though.

51AddDyRGKL._SL500_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-

Wow, I really did not care for this one. It's not that there wasn't anything inherently wrong with it, it was just...boring. If you're looking for tips on how to be a good ref and/or work with the office it's a good read, if you're looking for dirt or entertaining stories from the road, shy away. He does make reference to a second book several times, though.

Wasn't he the guy who got fired from WWE because he was posting inside info on an internet message board?