DVDVR Message Board

The Wrestling Book Thread

Y'all really need to elaborate on these.

Vince/Frank Shamrock--During the Jericho/Rourke stuff. Rourke was legit pissed at Y2J heeling on him. Rourke brought a bunch of guys with him to WM in case Jericho legit tried anything on him. Ridiculous b/c Jericho never had any intentions on doing anything and cleared the air with Rourke before the ppv. They became friends. Jericho went to Vince and jokingly said, "oh, those guys that Rourke had with him were there to kick my ass in case I tried anything." Vince goes, "You mean that midget (Frank Shamrock) and those guys? Me, you, Fit Finlay and Malenko would've taken them." Jericho said that he was thinking, "uhhhhh, yeah you go ahead and take the 'midget' and I'll fight the 160lbs actor."

• Like 1

The story where Vince McMahon spent an entire day teaching Dennis Miller how to do stand-up comedy.

During the guest host era. Vince was bugging Dennis Miller all day before the show and trying to give him tips on comedic timing.

And don't forget about Vince picking a fight with Kofi Kingston.

Kofi was on the plane to WM one year with Y2J, Vince and a couple of others I can't think of and they're all drinking. They flew over something and Vince goes to Kofi, "maybe you'll be OVER something someday" or something to that effect. Kofi stews. As they land, Y2J goes, "you gotta say something to him b/c that's his way of seeing if you have balls". Kofi stepped up and had a drunken scuffle with Vince and earned a bit of respect.

Vince/Frank Shamrock--During the Jericho/Rourke stuff. Rourke was legit pissed at Y2J heeling on him. Rourke brought a bunch of guys with him to WM in case Jericho legit tried anything on him. Ridiculous b/c Jericho never had any intentions on doing anything and cleared the air with Rourke before the ppv. They became friends. Jericho went to Vince and jokingly said, "oh, those guys that Rourke had with him were there to kick my ass in case I tried anything." Vince goes, "You mean that midget (Frank Shamrock) and those guys? Me, you, Fit Finlay and Malenko would've taken them." Jericho said that he was thinking, "uhhhhh, yeah you go ahead and take the 'midget' and I'll fight the 160lbs actor."

That is so awesome. Vince, Jericho, Finlay, and Malenko vs the world.

The story where Vince McMahon spent an entire day teaching Dennis Miller how to do stand-up comedy.

During the guest host era. Vince was bugging Dennis Miller all day before the show and trying to give him tips on comedic timing.

Have you seen Miller's act? He should have been taking notes.

• Like 5

It was inevitable someone had to be "that guy". Ridiculous.

Yes it is. And there you are.

• Like 1

Saw the Jericho book at Barnes yesterday, if I had more time I would've sat down and got through it in an hour tops. Probably do that later. Thanx for the stories anyway, Vince is a nut. I can picture him yelling "GET HIM FINLAY, GET HIM" then running straight into a rear naked choke and trying to use a chinbreaker to break the hold. Meanwhile Dean and Chris walk away shaking their heads. Finlay beats up everyone else before the fight is broken up.

Listened to the audio version of Jericho's book. Enjoyed the book, HATED the narrator. They managed to hire someone who knows nothing at all about pro wrestling or metal. So many names mispronounced.

Not sure why he didn't read it himself. That would have been so much better...

That is so awesome. Vince, Jericho, Finlay, and Malenko vs the world.

Somebody get hold of the Network.  They need a "Vince, Jericho, Finlay, and Malenko vs. The World" show pronto.

Listened to the audio version of Jericho's book. Enjoyed the book, HATED the narrator. They managed to hire someone who knows nothing at all about pro wrestling or metal. So many names mispronounced.

Not sure why he didn't read it himself. That would have been so much better...

Probably tried him first but he kept banging on a cowbell the whole time.

• Like 2

It was inevitable someone had to be "that guy". Ridiculous.Yes it is. And there you are.

I know you are, but what am I?

A garbageman.

• Like 4

Yes it is. And there you are.I know you are, but what am I?A garbageman.

Takes one to know one.

• Like 1

Saw the Jericho book at Barnes yesterday, if I had more time I would've sat down and got through it in an hour tops. Probably do that later. Thanx for the stories anyway, Vince is a nut. I can picture him yelling "GET HIM FINLAY, GET HIM" then running straight into a rear naked choke and trying to use a chinbreaker to break the hold. Meanwhile Dean and Chris walk away shaking their heads. Finlay beats up everyone else before the fight is broken up.

I see Vince getting KOed seconds into the fight while the rest of them beat down everyone else, then Vince wakes up afterwards and tells anyone who will listen an increasingly hyperbolic tale of how he almost singlehandedly won the brawl.

A garbageman.

duke-droese.jpg

I'll take it.

A garbageman.

Takes one to know one.

Checkmate.

Anybody read Titan Sinking? It's a book chronicling 1995 WWF. http://www.amazon.com/Titan-Sinking-decline-WWF-1995-ebook/dp/B00N23THB0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1415416230&sr=8-1&keywords=1995+wwf

Looks like it could be a good read.

I'm about to give it a shot.

Okay, finished it. A great read, but shorter then I was expecting. But for the price, no complaints.