DVDVR Message Board

TNA Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 7/28/16

*Taped for Xplosion: Madison Rayne def. Allie

TNA Impact Wrestling - Airing July 28, 2016 from Orlando, FL

*Ethan Carter III def. Broken Matt Hardy (w/ Jeff Hardy) to advance to the finals of the BFG Playoffs. Matt wanted Jeff to interfere but he refused.

*Gail Kim def. Madison Rayne

*Moose (w/ Mike Bennett) def. David Starr in a squash

*TNA World & X Division Champ Lashley came to the ring and said he wanted to win all the singles titles in TNA. Lashley laid out an open challenge so DJ Z came out for the X Title shot he won at Destination X.

*Lashley def. DJ Z in a Ladder Match to retain the X Division Championship after a gorilla press off the ladder.

*Eli Drake hosted The Fact of Life with James Storm as his guest again. Eli ended up challenging Storm to a match with the stipulation that if Storm loses, he can no longer drink beer.

*Decay def. The BroMans in a Monster's Ball Match to retain the tag team titles

*Mike Bennett (w/ Moose & Maria Kanellis) def. Drew Galloway to advance to the finals of the BFG Playoffs after EC3 interfered to stop Moose but ended up accidentally hitting Drew with a kendo stick.

On 7/13/2016 at 10:33 PM, DreamBroken said:

*Eli Drake hosted The Fact of Life with James Storm as his guest again. Eli ended up challenging Storm to a match with the stipulation that if Storm loses, he can no longer drink beer.

TNA is really trying to do better but then they will still do nonsense like this

Sounds like a pitch for a new buddy comedy:

Cowboy James Storm made a bet he'd regret....

Now can't drink beer for the rest of his years...

Because his sobriety enforcement officer can really drone on...

This summer, Canon Films brings you the feel good buddy comedy that will drive you NOT to drink.

James Storm, Vanguard 1 star in.... Drone on the Range. 

Vanguard 1:  Time for your breathalyzer test....

[Tube extends from the body of the drone.  Storm has an exasperated look on his face.]

Vanguard 1:  I get no pleasure from this

[Show trailer credits as background music from Midnight Run plays]

• Like 10

Action packed Impact tonight. Broken Matt always a showstealer, making faces at EC3 was classic. Jeff's "Obsolete" theme is rather catchy. Gail/Madison was a solid 5 minutes. Moose continues to come off like a star. Lashley remains one of my favorite guys going today, more killer work on the mic and in the ring. The Rosemary background story was bizarre but a certainly different kind of character work. Eli Drake always cracks me up, always a highlight of the show. For a shorter match, they packed a lot in to the Decay/Bromans monster's ball and included some great hope spots for the Bromans as well as some brutal bumps, really enjoy both teams. Pretty good main event to further multiple stories at once. Another very good week overall

• Like 1

I really can't express how truly bad the announcing is

Skinny Madison Rayne weird stuff me out. And she probably should not do that sliding under the bottom rope clothesline spot anymore as that is receipe for disaster

Crazy Steve trying to shove thumbtacks into his own forehead to make the visual on the sharpshooter was appreciated. One of the Bromans (I still can't keep them straight has a death wish)

I liked EC3/Matt Hardy but man was that some really really shifty officiating. Stiffer clearly has taken on Earl's worst habits

• Like 2

I enjoyed what we got of Madison/Gail. Those two have always had chemistry, whether as opponents or partners. Would have been nice to see Madison go over though as she needed the win more than Gail. 

• Like 1

Since that Storm stipulation hits the trifecta of wrestling stips (1 - is ridiculous; 2 - is unenforceable; 3 - is the sort of things fans won't care about and writers will forget within 90 days), I assume Drake is a lock to win the match.

I enjoyed most of the show again. They continue to focus on people that I like and I want to see succeed.

I think Miracle would be better as more of a mouthpiece for a stable and less of a pushed singles wrestler. Putting Moose with him was a good idea.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Skinny Madison Rayne weird stuff me out. And she probably should not do that sliding under the bottom rope clothesline spot anymore as that is receipe for disaster

I could see that going badly some day just like I could see the Rayne Drop landing someone in the hospital.

I was pleased with this card overall.  The success of the Broken Matt gimmick seems to be causing everyone else to elevate their game.... as much as TNA is capable of elevation.

• Like 1

Positives about IMPACT WRESTLING these days:

1) Broken Matt

2) Eli Drake promo segments

3) A theme song sung by Deleted Brother Nero

What a strange world we live in.

When my only major complaints about the show are too many Mike Bennett segments, and that they need to give Madison Rayne her old theme song back, they are doing something right.

• Like 1

The stips were not just the beer but also he would stop have to using his country music entrance song and a couple other things like no more motorized beer cooler to assure you if the match happens no way Storm is losing. 

Shame cause Drakes one of the highlights of Impact while Storm's act is so tired. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, hammerva said:

Man whoever came up with the story of Rosemary in the barn with the cat and the talking true either has some weird fetishes going on or some really good drugs  Apparently it is only get to get weirder

Credited as "Written and Produced by Billy" on the Smashing Pumpkins facebook page