DVDVR Message Board

HHH in 2000

goodhelmet

Going back to the LMS match with Jericho, he (Jericho) said they had another finish planned involving using both announce tables and they even had a big sign up next to the Gorilla Position saying, "STAY AWAY FROM THE ANNOUNCE TABLES". Chyna and Saturn accidently broke the announce table or did something to render it unstable so they came up with the backdrop suplex as a cover. I can't recall what the original finish was as I don't have his 2nd book in front of me though.

That's what I thought, but than that other guy did his own thing, so I figured it was open season. Whatever, I'm not the one with the banhammer hanging over my head.

Eh I have like fifteen accounts, I'll just post more on the LooseCannon one.

It's all about name recognition. Ask Garth Brooks about Chris Gaines. Having said that, you are slacking. Stop tossing off to Steve Blackman and watch more HHH matches. 

I thought you were begging off for a second, but I'm pretty sure there is a Cutler joke in there somewhere.

Edit:  To somewhat stay on topic.  I probably won't ever go back and watch all this stuff, but this thread has been interesting.  I wouldn't mind a similar thread for other divisive wrestlers.  What's Shawn's best year post-comeback?  

There was this Smackdown where HHH needed Rikishi to lose on purpose and Kish refused. He was about to hit him with the sledgehammer when Haku walked in. "Is there a problem?""Uh. No, I gotta go."

Had no idea HHH had a shirt with something "smarky" on it.

"Damn right i'm over"

• Like 1

Man, am I the only person on the planet that figured out that an ironman match does not take into account HOW you win the falls you do? The title on DQ rule does not apply there.

You may be the only person on the planet who hasn't seen this match:

http://www.wwe.com/videos/raw-dolph-ziggler-vs-kofi-kingston-us-championship-2-out-of-3-falls-match-part-2-25021978

Note that Dolph loses the final fall by DQ but still retains the title. As with most things in wrestling, the DQ rule doesn't apply in multi-fall matches...except when it does.

Didn't WCW make a bit of an angle out of Dustin Rhodes losing the first fall of a 2 out of 3 to Austin for the U.S. title by DQ, and then losing the belt when he got pinned in the final fall?

I think the rule in WCW was you can win the title ONLY if the final fall is by pin/submission. So as an example, you could win the first fall by DQ and the second by submission and that would be fine but seen in Horsemen vs. Hollywood Blondes...  the Horsemen won the final fall by DQ and therefore did not win the titles.