DVDVR Message Board

UFC Fight Night 91: McDonald vs. Lineker (7/13/2016) - Sioux Falls, SD (Denny Sanford Premier Center)

Elsalvajeloco

UFC_Fight_Night_Sioux_Falls_McDonald_vs.

UFC Fight Night 91: McDonald vs. Lineker 
July 13, 2016
Sioux Falls, SD (Denny Sanford Premier Center)

Michael McDonald (135) vs. John Lineker (136) - Lineker, KO (punches), R1 (2:43)
Tony Ferguson (155) vs. Landon Vannata (155.5) - Ferguson, SUB (d'arce choke), R2 (2:22)
Tim Boetsch (186) vs. Josh Samman (186) - Boetsch, TKO (punches), R2 (3:49)
Daniel Omielańczuk (243) vs. Oleksiy Oliynyk (238) - Omielańczuk, DEC (majority)
Kyle Noke (170.5) vs. Keita Nakamura (171) - Nakamura, SUB (rear naked choke), R2 (4:59)
Louis Smolka (125.5) vs. Ben Nguyen (125) - Smolka, TKO (elbows and punches), R2 (4:41)

Fox Sports 1 Preliminary Card:
Lauren Murphy (135.5) vs. Katlyn Chookagian (135) - Chookagian, DEC (unanimous)
Eric Spicely (185) vs. Sam Alvey (185.5) - Alvey, SUB (guillotine choke), R1 (2:43)
Cortney Casey (116) vs. Cristina Stanciu (114) - Casey, TKO (punches and elbows), R1 (2:36)
Scott Holtzman (155.5) vs. Cody Pfister (156) - Holtzman, DEC (unanimous)

Fight Pass Preliminary Card
Rani Yahya (135) vs. Matthew Lopez (136) -  Yahya, SUB (arm triangle choke), R3 (3:19)
Devin Clark (185) vs. Alex Nicholson (184) - Nicholson, KO (punches), R1 (4:57)

Event Bonuses ($50,000)
Performance of the Night: Louis Smolka
Performance of the Night: John Lineker
Fight of the Night: Tony Ferguson vs. Landon Vannata

Attendance: 5,671
Gate: $381,945
Rating: 609,000 viewers

Cancelled Fights:
Tony Ferguson vs. Michael Chiesa - Injury to Chiesa (Back)
Alex White vs. Ryan Hall - Injury to White

Edited by Elsalvajeloco

They have the final bout order now. The two female fights are on the FS1 prelims. I will edit the original post in a little while.

I would have put Casey vs. Stanciu on the main card over the HW fight.

As much I wanted to see Ferguson fight Chiesa for potentially five rounds, giving John Lineker 25 minutes to fight has the potential to also be bananas. I like that Shelby is giving Lineker difficult matchups, but not at the cost of the fights being entertaining. Plus, McDonald is someone who wants to reinsert himself into the bantamweight picture after being gone for so long.

Guest Edwin

Those were the days... Frank Mir was great on commentary at putting over Miguel Torres as the best fighter on the planet and then Brian Bowles happened...

Also Mayday was the tits when he was knocking dudes out in California.

Anyway, Lineker vs. Mayday has FOTY potential. I know I say this frequently, but great match making, sucks this will be on FS1 instead of a PPV main card.

6 minutes ago, grizzlyedwin said:

Anyway, Lineker vs. Mayday has FOTY potential. I know I say this frequently, but great match making, sucks this will be on FS1 instead of a PPV main card.

You want to pay the extra 60 bucks?

Guest Edwin

No, I meant in the sense that it would gain them more exposure if they were on a card with some recognizable names like UFC 200 or UFC 202.

15 minutes ago, grizzlyedwin said:

No, I meant in the sense that it would gain them more exposure if they were on a card with some recognizable names like UFC 200 or UFC 202.

It also wouldn't be five rounds if a main event fell out though.

Whoever wins (or loses) will be on a bigger card (or cards) down the line. Those two shows won't be the last and only big cards.

Plus, with the way those two cards are set up, they wouldn't really fit the criteria of making it on the main cards. If McDonald hadn't been out for so long and had won a string of fights, then there would be a decent chance. Otherwise, the UFC can find bigger names to bolster those cards.