DVDVR Message Board

Collecting and Selling Sports (and Wrestling!) Cards

Kevin Wilson

My attempt to get this thread back on track failed, start an old baseball thread @Captain Kronos;)

I took a bit of a gamble and purchased a box of FMW 2001 the other day. Finding boxes of older puro sets is borderline impossible, I never had seen a full box of FMW for sale before. And it was only $50. My autograph card was a solid one:

x7JX9kd.jpg

And I got some shiny cards:

JJBc82S.jpg

I was hoping for a Hayabusa autograph of course but still satisfied and it was fun looking through the older cards.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/29/2018 at 1:14 PM, Hail Sabin said:

Did you buy a Hobby Box? or Retail $20 Box? 

It was a hobby box.................

It was my dad's birthday last week and for the last few years I've gotten him a card of his favourite players from his youth. Years past it was Terry Sawchuk, Mickey Mantle and Ray Nitschke. This year I got him a 1961 Fleer Bob Cousy. Slightly off center but in fantastic condition.

• Like 1

On 7/3/2018 at 5:31 PM, Kevin Wilson said:

My attempt to get this thread back on track failed, start an old baseball thread @Captain Kronos;)

I took a bit of a gamble and purchased a box of FMW 2001 the other day. Finding boxes of older puro sets is borderline impossible, I never had seen a full box of FMW for sale before. And it was only $50. My autograph card was a solid one:

x7JX9kd.jpg

And I got some shiny cards:

JJBc82S.jpg

I was hoping for a Hayabusa autograph of course but still satisfied and it was fun looking through the older cards.

Those are awesome. Curious, where would one be able to get packs of Japanese pro-wrestling cards?

Would love to purchase some packs.

On 9/9/2018 at 12:17 PM, Edwin said:

Those are awesome. Curious, where would one be able to get packs of Japanese pro-wrestling cards?

Would love to purchase some packs.

I got them from Yahoo Auctions, using buyee.jp. Japanese cards very rarely come up still in boxes or packs, even 2018 boxes are hard to find as they just don't seem to make very many of anything. I don't check every day (which makes it harder as really short auctions are popular there) but try to poke around once a week or so as I don't want to miss anything.

• 3 weeks later...

I forgot to show off my Undisputed pulls. I only got one box this year, very proud of myself as in the past I went a bit crazy as I love on-card autographs and the design is nice. But this is what I got from one box, I was satisfied. The Charlotte is /10. I sold all of them except the Kairi, that went into my collection.

FLdqVA0.jpg

I also got an Aleister Black signed card but it wouldn't fit in the picture.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I treated myself to a Black Friday box of 2017 Leaf Originals. This is quite the interesting grouping, as Kevin Sullivan and Christy Hemme in the same box of cards just seems strange. I seriously never would have thought that among this grouping, that Butch Reed would have the nicest looking autograph of the bunch. I know that Chyna auto could cover the cost of the box, but it always seems depressing to sell an on-card autograph of someone who has passed away.

TigT0K.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

If you wonder what the card market was like during the Billy Ripken 89 Fleer era or the "rare" Pro Set Santa Claus card that really wasn't rare at all, here it is in 2018 form 

Funny thing is a month ago you could probably get a case of 1990-91 Hoops for $56  

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
18 minutes ago, grilledcheese said:

Yo, sorry for the six month bump. I just got hipped to the Dr. Fauci Topps Now card. Did any of you maniacs get in on that, and if so, anyone want to sell me one at not too terribly far over retail?

Just looked at eBay, just ridiculous prices. In five years no one will care, you can put it next to your pet rocks, dolls of the Iraqi news anchor, and your Fleer Billy Ripken cards. 

I haven't bought a baseball card in years, but I'll admit that I've been eyeing a bunch of Acuna RCs. 

• 2 weeks later...

Since someone else bumped up my old favorite thread, I recently got three boxes of 2020 Leaf Wrestling. Its an amazing set - includes AEW wrestlers, New Japan wrestlers, dead wrestlers, and everything between. Here is just a small sample of the goodness/wackiness. The Arn Anderson is actually the one with the most "watchers" on eBay right now as its his first signed card in a long time. He hasn't signed for very many sets, I think this is only his third autograph card.

NlTlBRW.jpg

590Uynk.jpg

EGACkf6.jpg

btrYjDz.jpg

O5SSV81.jpg

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

Is there a reason that Victoria and hacksaw are on the same card? 

ha that's why I included that one. Leaf is infamous in their wrestling sets for just slapping two random wrestlers together, I have no idea why they do that.