DVDVR Message Board

Wrestling moves that pretty much no longer exist

4 hours ago, supremebve said:

Taue had way more than that.  Taue looks like he should suck ass, but he's consistently awesome from 1991 into the 2000s.  He's the Priest Holmes of wrestling, he was one of the best wrestlers in the world at one point, but people tend to forget him when talking about the best guys of his time.  

Allow me to clarify. He had one GREAT year as a singles guy and that was 95. He seemed to be working miracles in the ring. He was great in his tag work and anything with the rest of the "big four" but it's bloody hard to be awful when you're in the ring with the three best wrestlers in the world.

19 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

I loved the shoulderbreaker. Remember, Scott Norton used it too and it looked like he just killed fools every time. The reason it probably isn't used anymore is that it looks like you could drop somebody on their head real easy. 

When the WWE banned piledrivers, I remember Benoit switching his tombstone to a shoulderbreaker.

15 hours ago, Ramsey said:

Allow me to clarify. He had one GREAT year as a singles guy and that was 95. He seemed to be working miracles in the ring. He was great in his tag work and anything with the rest of the "big four" but it's bloody hard to be awful when you're in the ring with the three best wrestlers in the world.

Is this a Miz 2016 counterpoint :)

1 hour ago, Ryan said:

Mentioning Taue and Miz in the same post is a bannable offense I've heard.

What if the post is me expressing a desire to see Akira Taue get a freak WWE run in 2016 where he just comes out and ends every episode of Miz TV by choke-slamming The Miz mid-sentence classic nodowa otoshi-style and walks away without saying a word or changing his facial expression?

I like The Miz. But that would still be wonderful television for me.