DVDVR Message Board

RED DEAD REDEMPTION is backwards compatible

RIPPA

So what's the consensus on where Undead Nightmare falls in the storyline?  Some say it happens between the "Marsden is home with his family" segment of the main story and the mission where he dies.  But that can't be correct because I remember that Uncle dies in both stories in different ways.  There's something similar with Nastas as well, right?

I was always of the opinion that it's all a dream, hence the "nightmare" in the name.

Apologizes for posting spoilers for a 5+ year old game.

Kept hearing about how bad cougars are and I shot one at a dead run from my horse and was like "That's it? Ha!  Not so bad."

Yeeeeeeah.  Anyway.  My horse is eaten and I'm just about out of bullets and right now I'm camped so I'm fine but I'm about 2 days walk from anywhere and as far as I can tell the literal air is made out of cougars.

• Like 3

I forgot how addictive the non-storyline stuff is, just exploring, doing bounties, picking flowers for the survivalist stuff, dead-eye shooting dear in the head with a pistol, killing ambushers.  I did one mission for McFarlane and then spent an hour assing off.  More than any of the GTA games, the world in this one just feels real and is one you want to spend time in to see what random shit happens next.

• Like 1

My biggest problem is that I will boot the game up and be standing right next to the poker table

Then 30 minutes later I still haven't left the same building

• Like 1

6 hours ago, odessasteps said:

I almost just want to do wildlife/flora stuff and not even bother with missions. 

I dont remember how i was with horseshoes. 

That aspect is what makes the game one of the greats in my opinion. I'm holding out hope the rumours of a remastered version for PS4/Xbone are true, so I can relive that glory without having to bust out the PS3 (yes, I am lazy). Plus, perdy grfx.

This is the only sandbox game where I'll gladly go after a mission that's clear across the map just to see what happens in between.  For example, I held off on the "Flowers for a Lady" strangers mission until I had a Seth mission in Tumbleweed, figuring I'd be able to get all the flowers on the way.  An hour later I had all the flowers and knocked out some sharpshooter and hunter missions.  Seth was still waiting but fuck 'em.

On July 23, 2016 at 3:07 PM, RIPPA said:

My biggest problem is that I will boot the game up and be standing right next to the poker table

Then 30 minutes later I still haven't left the same building

With me it was Liar's Dice. I could waste an hour playing that. 

I'll admit to not being too savvy with the XB1 store and interface as a whole, but I got on last night to look for this and the regular version was $30. Looks like Amazon or Gamestop is the preferable option at this point.

Also, all you people who love Liar's Dice astound me. That game blows my mind. Melraz gets a huge kick out of playing it with me because it's round after round of me going "How the FUCK did you know what I had?????" Y'all can keep that confusing ass calculus test of a game - I'll stick with Texas Hold 'Em.

• Like 1