DVDVR Message Board

RED DEAD REDEMPTION is backwards compatible

RIPPA

When you're my age, the thought of a Cougar is terrifying.

Damn, ammo is expensive. Better to roll the dead for it. Game makes no sense to me right now, but I have a feeling it'll click like so many RPG-type games do. Online getting any better, he says knowing it's not?

Wait until you're 47 and any pursuit from a cougar likely winds up in a broken hip. Yours.

There weren't cougars back in my day, except for Mrs. Robinson, and she was taken. You kids with your hot MILFs waiting to sleep with you on the first date! You don't know how good you have it.

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Tripled my money in my first game of poker

Yup - forgot how much I love this game

It's an all-timer.  Picked it back up myself a couple weeks ago and immediately remembered how fun the vibe and the gameplay both are.

[And the paranoia induced by cougars taking away many a hard earned horse]

Looking forward to tales of the DVDVR Posse Riding Again (since I still only have the 360 and not the XBOX One I imagine i'm shut out of the new online multiplayer fun)

Well to be fair - I had a full house in the tutorial hand and the computer AI got all convinced that it's pair of jacks could not be beat so eliminating someone in said tutorial hand made me get over the fact that I realized that I still can't ride a horse for shit.

I rode off a cliff 4 times in that fucking tutorial race with Bonnie McFarland

22 minutes ago, jstout said:

Did anyone ever figure that out for sure? We need to see if One and 360 folks can play together.

Or not - Rippa'll take all our money at Texas Hold 'Em.

It's okay, I got a puncher's chance of winning it back in Horseshoes, what with my two (2!) career ringers as of two weeks ago.

20 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Well to be fair - I had a full house in the tutorial hand and the computer AI got all convinced that it's pair of jacks could not be beat so eliminating someone in said tutorial hand made me get over the fact that I realized that I still can't ride a horse for shit.

I rode off a cliff 4 times in that fucking tutorial race with Bonnie McFarland

I'm pretty sure the horse is hard-coded to try and rear and lurch and aim for the cliff instead of the bridge because it happened to me repeately (eventually I corrected for it in time)

The trick, I've found, is to run past the checkpoint to start the race, hop under that bridge at the edge of the ranch, open up the lockbox to gain 10-12 bucks, use that at the general store to max out on apples (5, $1 each), and just abuse/exploit those during the race.

Also you "pass" that mission even if you lose the race iirc (you just miss out on the cash/fame reward), so if all else fails you can always dog it to keep yourself alive.

I currently only have a broken PS3 so I'm just enjoying this vicariously through all of you. So tell me, how many times has Herbert Moon had his store robbed?

1 minute ago, RIPPA said:

"You'll believe anything I say because I white!"

Damn... it's getting real real at McFarland's Ranch

Along these lines, whoever keeps robbing Herbert Moon is morally justified (especially if you have Undead Nightmare) and I let it happen now.

• Like 2

On 7/8/2016 at 4:42 PM, Robert C said:

I think the xbox store is shitting itself under load as well as the RDR servers.  I had the same problem trying to buy Stick of Truth

Same here.  It crapped out when I tried Friday but then it worked when I tried this past Saturday.