DVDVR Message Board

RED DEAD REDEMPTION is backwards compatible

RIPPA

8 hours ago, Robert C said:

Thanks Rippa.  

Just realized I gotta go change the settings on my router, or I'm gonna be just as screwed for Read Dead as I am now for GTA.

Add to that I have to get my first ever smart phone this afternoon.  And I've gotta get the phone to work with my truck.  And my wife's car.  And the wireless network.  And the damn smart TV we bought two weeks ago to replace the old CRT in our living room, that I still don't know how to work.  I should film this shit and produce my own web series.  Old Man Shouts at Technology.

Finally got the NAT type open after 4 fucking hours.  Turned out to be the modem settings, rather than the router.  About damn time.

• Like 2

I'd say it's worth it.  It adds another standalone story to the game (it's shorter than the main game but still fun).  It also adds more online modes.

You also get an "Undead Hunter" outfit, which looks suspiciously like Ash from Evil Dead.

Early notes:

Seems, as far as I can tell, you can only save to the cloud. Maybe.

It took me about three hours to get into a multiplayer room. Lot of people playing. Since I've never been in Free Roam in this game before, I picked "friendly," which I always figured was a good idea for GTA.

I downloaded all the free packs, but that's it.

No one will gamble with me :(

Game makes no sense, but I didn't really expect it to. Cute how the controls basically do a lot of the same stuff as GTA. I keep seeing crates that I think I should be able to bust open, but I can't, and it makes me sad. :(

Where's the whores? It's a Rockstar game, gotta have whores.

• Like 1

Screw that, if I can't have a love life in reality, my video game characters better make up for it in spades.

Is it just that online is incredibly busy right now, or does it take about 10 minutes or so to load up any function of online? I'm trying to get into the Outfitter right now, and it's just CRAWLING much worse than any load time in GTA 5, even on the 360 at its worst day. I've gotta be on minute 7. Getting ready to give up. Gotta be busier than expected. May have to switch to single-player or hone my healing skills in Overwatch.

There's sections of the music where I feel like screaming "just play Ring of Fire already." Any sequel for current-generation or whatever's next is going to be a hell  of a game, for sure.

I also got stuck in a loop where I couldn't quit playing Liar's Dice. I nearly texted RUkered or Melraz to ask them what the hell to do. Texting RUkered would be a fool's folly, though - he's over his limit for the month already. I finally went to the Outfitter to get away from Liar's Dice. Plus, my character looks like a frontier dandy with his Rollie Fingers moustache - hoping I can do something about that.

I also noticed that for a big Wild West badass, my character doesn't handle water worth a shit.

• Like 2

Single-player doesn't even work smoothly - trying to ride a horse and the camera just starts going to different settings randomly, then I wound up under the ground in a GTA-style glitch that I couldn't get out of. And when I press start to bring up the menu, I can't see the menu choices - they're there, but invisible.

Hmmm.

It is/was running fine for most other people (in my quick Google search)

Kotaku even has an article up about how it runs better on the One

So this could be your machine hating you again stout

2 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

It is/was running fine for most other people (in my quick Google search)

Kotaku even has an article up about how it runs better on the One

So this could be your machine hating you again stout

I think it's mad because I kept running horses off cliffs and it's an animal lover.

I'm sure the single player thing will straighten itself out when I try again. I have a feeling we're just beta testers for the One-to-360 emulation software, but boy, was it fun to see the 360s XBox Live interface again - blows away the One's.

"Glad" to hear other people are having problems with multiplayer, and one guy even reported not being able to load into the Outfitter like it was an old glitch. Makes me feel better. Rockstar has no obligation to, but it'll be a blow to their corporate image if they don't make multiplayer work a little smoother.

1 hour ago, El Dragon said:

i'm trying to purchase the game, but I keep getting bug messages.

I think the xbox store is shitting itself under load as well as the RDR servers.  I had the same problem trying to buy Stick of Truth

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jstout said:

I also noticed that for a big Wild West badass, my character doesn't handle water worth a shit.

8 hours ago, Robert C said:

Kicked off the download for the main game and all the free packs. Is the Undead Nightmare pack worth it?  I never played it way back when.  Nearly 3 times the cost of the actual game.

It's worth it for the main story and the multiplayer is also great.

4 horses of the apocalypse that you can ride and you get to shoot things WITH A FUCKING THUNDERBUSS!!!!

Been playing it the last few hours. Holy shit is this fun. Been basically going around shooting different animals. Just got me a lasso so looking forward to using it as well.

Fun times!

4 hours ago, JustJay said:

Been playing it the last few hours. Holy shit is this fun. Been basically going around shooting different animals. Just got me a lasso so looking forward to using it as well.

Fun times!

Just wait till you get to Fight Bears.

• Like 1