DVDVR Message Board

RED DEAD REDEMPTION is backwards compatible

RIPPA

As pointed out by stout in the GTA thread - RDR will be backwards compatible on the XBOX One starting Friday.

(I am not sure how it works on the PS systems - you folks can let us know if has been already).

I am assuming that if you have either the original or the game of the year version it will work but who knows.

Used copies run as cheap as 4.99 on Amazon but those are sketchy sketchy people. More "trusted" folks seem to be selling it for $14.99

New is $19.99 and the GOTY version is $24.99 new

8 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Safe to say most gamestops prob have plenty of copies. 

In fact they were selling them for under $10 as of a couple of weeks ago.

Of course - as I said - they already jacked the price up

14 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Do you need Xbox Live Gold for this or do you just put the old disc in and bob's your uncle?

Yup - just put the disc in. It will need to connect to download some basic files but it basically runs like you are running an emulator (you do need to keep the disc in while playing)

• Like 1

Does that include the multiplayer and, if so, is the multiplayer actually any good?

Running around with the GTA crew even just hunting game in Red Dead sounds like about the best time ever.

Yup - went to Gamestop and their cheapest used copy was $14

So figuring enough people start playing it - I will just but it directly from Microsoft

Thanks Rippa.  

Just realized I gotta go change the settings on my router, or I'm gonna be just as screwed for Read Dead as I am now for GTA.

Add to that I have to get my first ever smart phone this afternoon.  And I've gotta get the phone to work with my truck.  And my wife's car.  And the wireless network.  And the damn smart TV we bought two weeks ago to replace the old CRT in our living room, that I still don't know how to work.  I should film this shit and produce my own web series.  Old Man Shouts at Technology.

• Like 3

Wondering if I should go to the effort of looking for that disc or just paying the $7.50 to just buy it again. 

::thought emoji::

Either way, I'm in. 

• Like 1