DVDVR Message Board

RED DEAD REDEMPTION is backwards compatible

RIPPA

2 minutes ago, RUkered said:

I'll admit to not being too savvy with the XB1 store and interface as a whole, but I got on last night to look for this and the regular version was $30. Looks like Amazon or Gamestop is the preferable option at this point.

I bought mine through Xbox.com store and it was 7.99 - since I already purchased it I can't see what the price is. I think the $30 one is the GOTY edition which is the base game and Undead Nightmare along with all the random bits of clothing DLC and such

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Red-Dead-Redemption/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8025454082b?cid=SLink

• Like 1

On 8/2/2016 at 8:34 AM, RUkered said:

Also, all you people who love Liar's Dice astound me. That game blows my mind. Melraz gets a huge kick out of playing it with me because it's round after round of me going "How the FUCK did you know what I had?????" Y'all can keep that confusing ass calculus test of a game - I'll stick with Texas Hold 'Em.

Yeah, I think melraz must've told me about that at least 50 times.  I kinda want to play just to see that.

• Like 1

I just ordered the GOTY edition on Amazon for $25. I'm 95 years old and still prefer physical media.

I'm looking forward to playing through the story again. Did it twice on PS3, and I don't think there's a single video game moment as powerful as that song that hits when you ride to Mexico for the first time.

I look forward to seeing you insane asylum escapees online. Now we just need Robert to figure out how to strap dynamite to a horse's nose and gallop it up someone's ass.

• Like 1

Just got back home from being out of town and popped this in to relive a little singleplayer. 7GB install? To quote a wise man named Bluto Blutarsky, 'HO-LY SHITH!"

I think I could figure out how to build a time machine and go to the actual 1800s wild west before this sumbitch finishes.

• Like 2

On 7/11/2016 at 0:46 PM, Technico Support said:

So what's the consensus on where Undead Nightmare falls in the storyline?  Some say it happens between the "Marsden is home with his family" segment of the main story and the mission where he dies.  But that can't be correct because I remember that Uncle dies in both stories in different ways.  There's something similar with Nastas as well, right?

I was always of the opinion that it's all a dream, hence the "nightmare" in the name.

Apologizes for posting spoilers for a 5+ year old game.

Dick, some of us have a pile of shame...this is in my pile of shame.

Lol

I made it off the train, out to the ranch, shot some coyotes.  So im as far as I was on the 360 now

• Like 1

Had my first death by cougar.

i was trying to do the achievement of killing wolves with my knife and it was dusk near twin rocks and im killing the wolves and then one moves in really fast from the rear and then i realize its a cougar. And while i was trying to pull out my revolver, it killed me.

welcome back to the game for real now. 

• Like 1

On 8/18/2016 at 2:38 AM, odessasteps said:

Had my first death by cougar.

i was trying to do the achievement of killing wolves with my knife and it was dusk near twin rocks and im killing the wolves and then one moves in really fast from the rear and then i realize its a cougar. And while i was trying to pull out my revolver, it killed me.

welcome back to the game for real now. 

The best way to get that achievement is to wound the wolf with a gunshot first.  Cougars work the same way but a wounded cougar will run and then you just feel like an idiot chasing a hurt cougar across the map with your knife.

I haven't gotten around to trying that stuff again. When I did it on PS3, I think it's the closest a video game has ever come to inducing a panic attack.

I can't remember the name of it right now, but I know I did the cougar knife challenge at some cabin where they seemed to spawn a lot. Nothing like standing in there hearing those damn screams and seeing them slink past the windows.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Finally got around to starting this. Might have made a mistake starting on Hardcore. So far I've shot some rabbits; let a bunch of coyotes run off with Bonnie's chickens (but she seemed to think I was a good shot anyway); finished the race with her on my third attempt - didn't come close to winning, but at least I didn't die or fall too far behind and have the mission cancelled; encountered two guys in a fist fight on the side of the road and accidentally trampled one with my horse; shot some outlaws with the marshal; and made some easy money playing poker in Armadillo. Game seems alright.