DVDVR Message Board

Matches that rule, but don't get pimped heavily anymore?(or never in some cases)

Biz Smarkie

Wrestling has given us all many joyous things, and a lot of those things have been pimped as awesome for years. This is the thread for those matches that don't get the love that they should. This is an all encompassing thread, so feel free to post matches from the indies or from non-American wrestling companies.

I am going to start this thread with Triple H v Ric Flair at Taboo Tuesday 05. I bought the "Best of the IC Championship" dvd a while back, and was very happy after watching this match. Flair and HHH bring the hate. Ric wrestled his ass off, and Triple H held his own. I don't know who put this match together, but kudos to everyone involved. I also have to give credit to Joey Styles for a few key quips on commentary. When Flair blades within the first few minutes, he brings up the fact that years of scar tissue buildup caused the blood to flow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_-fj310A2o

Hansen & Mossman vs Kawada & Tenryu from 2000. Everyone has something to prove in this match: Kea has to prove that he's the next big thing, Hansen needs to prove he can still bring it, Kawada has to prove that he is All Japan, and Tenryu is making his big come back to AJ. The result is four guys kicking the absolute shit out of each other. Sick match where Hansen punches the ring post and Kawada hits a powerbomb on Kea that folds him up like an accordion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qutCCj-Drk

• Like 1

Starrcade '90 was largely forgettable (Black Scorpion etc.) but

Anderson & Windham vs. Doom - Street Fight is very good. It is not lengthy but It's a lot of fun.

Actually apart from the main event (and the god-awful Russians vs. Canadians match) I think it's a pretty entertaining show overall.

I think I remember Z-Man vs. Bobby Eaton being okay. I did not care for the tag tourney much outside of the Steiners being reckless. I was disappointed with the Steiners vs. Muta/Saito.

Luger vs. Hansen was fun. I will say that.  Taylor vs. Wallstreet was brutal. Didn't care for Freebirds vs. Morton and Rich either.

What about Rock vs Eddie from that Raw in August of 02 with that sweet exchange from Rock and Edddie to start the show then that awesome match to end it

Was this the show where Eddie got pissed off because his daughter had a Rock poster?  Am I remembering that angle right?

What about Rock vs Eddie from that Raw in August of 02 with that sweet exchange from Rock and Edddie to start the show then that awesome match to end it

Was this the show where Eddie got pissed off because his daughter had a Rock poster?  Am I remembering that angle right?

yes yesyou are it so cool Eddie was intense as fuck

Bunkhouse Buck vs. Dustin Rhodes, Bunkhouse Match, Spring Stampede '94.  Best match in WCW history, the centerpiece of the best ppv ever.

One of my favourite matches ever.  Just ridiculously fun and mean and tough and the best.  That Vader-Boss match on the show is right neck-and-neck with it for me because there's so much fun shit going on, my (completely imagined) backstory is that Vader and Bossman were drinking buddies and Bossman confided in Vader that he was worried he was going to lose his spot because he couldn't seem to get the crowd's attention and Vader took it upon himself to bump like a madman and do everything he could to make Bossman look like an absolute killer because Vader just flies around the ring, bumps over the barricade, and Bossman never looked better. (I realize his WCW name was The Boss, but that just sounds like Vader fighting Bruce Springsteen, so I'm gonna call him Bossman).

• Like 1

I will never forgive myself for not being there. I went to the ppv the night before specifically to Eddy live.

Starrcade '90 was largely forgettable (Black Scorpion etc.) butAnderson & Windham vs. Doom - Street Fight is very good. It is not lengthy but It's a lot of fun.

Actually apart from the main event (and the god-awful Russians vs. Canadians match) I think it's a pretty entertaining show overall.
The Konnan/Rey Mysterio (Snr) vs Chris Adams/Norman Smiley match is a lot of funI'm on my phone so I can't link it, but YouTube has a really fun Funks vs Martel/Zenk match from AJPW that I really dig.

I will never forgive myself for not being there. I went to the ppv the night before specifically to Eddy live.

I missed the last Smackdown with Eddy, he passed a couple days later. THAT is regret there my friend. 

Starrcade '90 was largely forgettable (Black Scorpion etc.) butAnderson & Windham vs. Doom - Street Fight is very good. It is not lengthy but It's a lot of fun.

The Konnan/Rey Mysterio (Snr) vs Chris Adams/Norman Smiley match is a lot of funI'm on my phone so I can't link it, but YouTube has a really fun Funks vs Martel/Zenk match from AJPW that I really dig.

HA! fucking HA! I have been trying to get people to watch that match for a year and no one will because Zenk is in it. That match rules.