DVDVR Message Board

[TV] July Television Discussion

Rev Ray

Prison Break?  I remember enjoying the first two seasons, but then they had them in the international prison of the week too much and I checked out.  It could be good, but I don't know if anyone was clamoring for this.

Then again, T-Bag was one of the better TV characters at that time.  Hmm.

On 7/24/2016 at 5:11 AM, Casey said:

Someone needs to alert me when and if the score for Stranger Things gets released. I know the members of S U R V I V E did it, and most of their music is like that score (but more upbeat). There's a 10 minute version of the main theme floating around, too.

A few times during the season there was a sweet Goblin-esque track that they used and it set the mood perfectly.

As part of the Comic Con promotion for Rick and Morty season 3, they story boarded and performed that insane real court transcript that was in the news a couple of weeks ago.

Super duper NSFW

• Like 2

I finished off STRANGER THINGS this morning, and I really loved it, all the way to the end.  8 episodes was the exact right length to tell this story, and I was definitely wanting more by the end.  All of the Spielberg/King/Carpenter comparisons are apt, but I'm surprised there haven't been more references to Ridley Scott and ALIEN in the conversation about this show, because it's definitely there, especially the last episode.  There's even some John Hughes sprinkled in along the way.

And if these Duffer Brothers are smart, I think that could be what sustains this show in future seasons: it doesn't have to solely be about a specific type of movie; it could really be about any movie that happened to come out in the 80's.

More than anything I'll be interested to see if they treat Will like the 4th guy in THE HANGOVER in season 2.  OH NO HE'S LOST AGAIN.

I would have preferred one show less, as I feel episode 7 was really extraneous, I feel like there was nothing that happened that couldn't have been edited down to 10-15 minutes and tacked onto a couple other episodes. Minor quibble though, it's been one of my favourite things I've watched in the last year.

Regarding your spoilered part:

Spoiler

I think Will is going to be the big bad next year. He's too connected to the Upside Down now and is going to keep regurgitating those slug things. Eleven is going to do the big run in at the end to put him down when Winona can't.

Started Stranger Things this afternoon and just finished episode 3. This show is not afraid to crush your soul to end an episode. It also reminded me that Peter Gabriel's version of "Heroes" is fucking amazing!

James

10 minutes ago, J.H. said:

Started Stranger Things this afternoon and just finished episode 3. This show is not afraid to crush your soul to end an episode. It also reminded me that Peter Gabriel's version of "Neroes" is fucking amazing!

James

Are you sure that wasn't the Matt Hardy version?

• Like 1

On July 28, 2016 at 10:05 AM, (BP) said:

As part of the Comic Con promotion for Rick and Morty season 3, they story boarded and performed that insane real court transcript that was in the news a couple of weeks ago.

Super duper NSFW

Funniest shit I've seen in a long time. 

• Like 1

• RIPPA locked and unpinned this topic